Just heard some info.......(coach related)

lu cards

100+ Posts
19cherokee90 said:
i'd like to be involved...if ya have any info private me i'd like to help anyway i can and know a few others who would be more than willing to help.
i feel its gone past the talking stage and info will be forthcoming soon.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The high school administration was ready to start up a booster club a few years ago. They are all for the fans assisting the athletic programs. The only obstacle is gone now so I'm betting it will happen.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
The high school administration was ready to start up a booster club a few years ago. They are all for the fans assisting the athletic programs. The only obstacle is gone now so I'm betting it will happen.
OK, y'all need to think things through. A booster club can be a great thing, but it can also be a big detriment to the football program. How can we expect to recruit a great new coach if we have a booster club in the wings waiting to tell him what to do. That's what happens. Talk about politics running rampart. Personally, I think we need to hire a good, qualified coach and let him coach his team HIS WAY. That's why PN has not had a booster club before. This is not a new idea---its been brought up before and discussed and cussed forever.

C

coonass322

I never said a BOOSTER CLUB in my post....I mentioned a Quartebacks Club...Check out Plano's....Its been alive for years and definitely benefits the football program.....

The power of people is amazing....

C

coonass322

A large majority of 4A/5A postings are for 25-30 business days....I would think we are looking at the week of January5-9th to close the job then who knows how many weeks to assess the applicants and rank them accordingly....

I still do not see (Long, Alvarez, Satcher, or any other local) as being the candidate...Just my thoughts....Dont think it will happen.....

modmouse78

100+ Posts
coonass322 said:
A large majority of 4A/5A postings are for 25-30 business days....I would think we are looking at the week of January5-9th to close the job then who knows how many weeks to assess the applicants and rank them accordingly....

I still do not see (Long, Alvarez, Satcher, or any other local) as being the candidate...Just my thoughts....Dont think it will happen.....

So who do you see being the candidates. Do you have some inside info to let us in on. Have some board members been telling you who they would like to interview? or is it that you just HOPE none of them are candidates.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
coonass322 said:
I never said a BOOSTER CLUB in my post....I mentioned a Quartebacks Club...Check out Plano's....Its been alive for years and definitely benefits the football program.....

The power of people is amazing....
I was NOT responding to your post.

C

coonass322

I dont have any insider info but I would hope that the schools that have the qualified coordinators would apply....

The run of winning for schools in the dallas suburbs will continue to go on as the expansion of housing continues in those sections of the state...Those teams will continously put up good winning numbers...I would think that these schools have the OC/DC's that we would need to be successfull....

Looking at games that impressed me was Allen's defense holding Euless Trinity to 21 points this past week.....Here are some guys that come from winning programs...I have never met any of these personally but have watched their teams over the years and they have been impressive...I would also expect some college level O-line and d-line coaches that were former OC/DC in HS to apply....

Brian Gorka (Klein Oak)(DC)
Clint Stewart(Plano)(OC)
Terri Gambil (Allen) (DC)
Shay Nanny (Hebron)(OC)

There are probably 15 more guys I could list from OC/DC not including current head coaches....Plenty of small college coaches with past high school success.....Love to see how all this unfolds!!!!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'm sorry, but would find it quite humorous to have a "Coach Nanny"!

But then again, that's just me.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores