LAMAR U TO PLAY AT THE REZ

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Bandkid--even if we'd only won 1 or 2 games, I wouldn't have been upset enough to say "we need to get rid of our coaches." Everyone knows it takes time to build a great football dynasty. That is why I would not be unhappy if these coaches were given 5 year contacts. At the end of 5 years you can do a better evaluation of the coaches success. I still think we will get better every year for a while and, if you think they are awesome now, just wait until next year and the year after! Now, don't get me wrong, I DO think academics are of utmost importance, but academics and football go hand-in-hand. They both instruct students in lessons that are needed in everyday life. Same with band and other extracurricular activities.

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
Bandkid--even if we'd only won 1 or 2 games, I wouldn't have been upset enough to say "we need to get rid of our coaches." Everyone knows it takes time to build a great football dynasty. That is why I would not be unhappy if these coaches were given 5 year contacts. At the end of 5 years you can do a better evaluation of the coaches success. I still think we will get better every year for a while and, if you think they are awesome now, just wait until next year and the year after! Now, don't get me wrong, I DO think academics are of utmost importance, but academics and football go hand-in-hand. They both instruct students in lessons that are needed in everyday life. Same with band and other extracurricular activities.

You may not (and I wouldn't, either), but there would be those who would call for the removal of the new coaches, and there is still the possibility of unforseeable problems. In the end, it was just a precaution, one that I'm glad we won't be taking advantage of, but there have been cases where teachers (including coaches) have been terminated at the end of their first year. I can think of one teacher and one coach who had to leave PN-G at the end of their first year just a few years ago. If the district hadn't taken this precaution with them, they might still be teaching here at PN-G and our students might not be receiving the best education possible.

This precaution is standard procedure. The new coaches have done an outstanding job and will most likely be awarded with a new contract next year. Therefore, no harm has been done. If the coaches performance hadn't been satisfactory, the district would have the advantage of evaluating the performance at the end of the first year and taking the course of action it deems appropriate. It basically gives the district some free room and I would rather have this option and not have to use it than need to take similar action and not have that ability.

NONS81

With the success of this years program, I think people are now concerned that our new coaches can write their own ticket - anywhere they may want to go, if offered. I am hoping that they feel so "at home" here that this is not an option for them!!! Of course, money talks, so let hope that they have been or will be compensated for there efforts and success here at PNG.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Just read on the Bmt Enterprise web site that Lamar will have a scrimmage Nov 9 at the Lamar Soccer Complex near Vincent-Beck Stadium. Would rather they play at the Rez. Maybe the Enterprise article was wrong about the Nov 9 location.

lu cards

100+ Posts
lamar scrimmage tonite.go support your former indians tonight at the lamar soccer complex at 700pm.free to public.wouldve been nice to have it at the rez but im sure lamar wanted it on campus and the new soccer complex is great spot.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
I did see the coach on TV talking about this game and he said to bring lawn chairs. I guess they either don't have stands or the stands aren't very big.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores