Like or Dislike 4 Teams in the Playoffs???

warpaint101

How does everyone feel about 4 teams going to the Playoffs ,
Besides money,and that teams can say they made the Playoffs .what benefit is there for competition
It almost seems to me that it takes the fight out of competition and bragging rights.
Why don't they just send everyone for a tournament....Double elimination....
JMO I like a big school and small school..and maybe a 3rd 1 just because they might have had a bad night ,and may be be better than there record.......But 4 seems to many....
Does anyone agree or disagree?

soccerdad86

4 is definitely too many...some districts only have 6 teams...also, now more small schools will be bumped up into Div I...before, only the biggest of the 3 teams had to play with the larger schools; now 2 of 4. In many cases, especially in 5A but also in 4A, there is a huge discrepancy in enrollment. In my opinion, it will mean more blowout playoff games and bring less chance of the under-sized, under-manned teams pulling off a string of unlikely victories that has always made the playoffs exciting and meaningful.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
This question was posted on the "other" board. Most of the posters strongly dislike 4 teams going. I normally do too, but this year, I'm kinda glad. This district is so loaded this year that one or two good teams will have to stay home. In a normal season, a couple of week teams may get to go to the playoffs

badndn

500+ Posts
I'm with IBleedPurple...2 is enough. And one State Champ!
Why we split DI and DII at the 4A and lower classes is beyond me?? I understand at 5A where one school has 3500-5500 students and another 2100-3000, but when the gap is narrowed to a few hundred???

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores