Manvel's Dilema

wacape

100+ Posts
Now with Manvel's scouts seeing "The Chase Bertrand Show" last Saturday and the rest of the Mavs watching the film...Manvel has a problem to deal with as far as defensive planning is concerned. Obviously, they must gear themselves to stopping our one man wrecking crew and yet have to control Doty's lasers as well. So...do you,as Manvel's defensive co-ordinator, sit back and shut down Chase while Doty has all the time in the world to pick the Maverick defense apart? Or do you disrupt the Indian passing game by getting into the backfield and then watch Bertrand tip his helmet to you on his way into your secondary? I'm getting an image of the co-ordinator....elbows on his desk late at night, head in his hands and staring at blank piece of paper in deciding what sort of defensive plan to write down...LOL. Glad it's him and not me... :woohoo:

akifan94

500+ Posts
I think you will see Manvel load up to stop the run and hope their DB's can play good man coverage with single safety help over the top. I think you will also see a lot of blitzing in hopes of either hitting the right gap to stop the run or rush a throw. We just need to play sharp and not turn the ball over.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I would think any D coordinators job would be hell having to defend PNG's O ! I know they will more than likely blitz alot in hopes of catching our back in the backfield or making our QB scramble. Let em I say. We have as many offensive weapons as they do if not more. I personally am sick of hearing about how good everyone is as compared to PNG. We all know PNG had a rough start, but since some changes things have turned around. I don't care about the recognition and I don't think the team does as well. THeir focus is on the game Saturday night. They are hungry and want to win and keep advancing. I truly believe that neither our O or D has peaked yet this year. We saw a glimpse of what our D is capable of in the Central game. I feel the team as a whole is beginning to truly believe in themselves more and more as they win. THey now know they can beat the teams that everyone says is better and win. Its ingrained into their hearts and they believe it now and they are playing above their own levels of expectations. Keep it going boys and keep it in your hearts ! I can't exactly put it down on here in words what I see and feel, but I do truly believe this team can and will beat Manvel and those that follow. Something just seems to be clicking and the team is responding. Guess you could almost use the word destiny ?

stratcat

our offense will be fine, it's our defense we need to worry about. would love to see lunceford in on 3rd down.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
I HAVE FAITH THAT OUR ol WILL PROTECT dOTY AND MAKE THE HOLES FOR bERTAND! wE HAVE AN AWESOME LINE! TO ME IF I HAD TO PICK A MVP FOR THE YEAR IT IS THE OFFENSE LINE!

ndnwarrior

pngfan66 said:
I would think any D coordinators job would be hell having to defend PNG's O ! I know they will more than likely blitz alot in hopes of catching our back in the backfield or making our QB scramble. Let em I say. We have as many offensive weapons as they do if not more. I personally am sick of hearing about how good everyone is as compared to PNG. We all know PNG had a rough start, but since some changes things have turned around. I don't care about the recognition and I don't think the team does as well. THeir focus is on the game Saturday night. They are hungry and want to win and keep advancing. I truly believe that neither our O or D has peaked yet this year. We saw a glimpse of what our D is capable of in the Central game. I feel the team as a whole is beginning to truly believe in themselves more and more as they win. THey now know they can beat the teams that everyone says is better and win. Its ingrained into their hearts and they believe it now and they are playing above their own levels of expectations. Keep it going boys and keep it in your hearts ! I can't exactly put it down on here in words what I see and feel, but I do truly believe this team can and will beat Manvel and those that follow. Something just seems to be clicking and the team is responding. Guess you could almost use the word destiny ?

I completely agree! One of the BEST posts I have EVER read on any sports forum! Thanks for sharing your analysis! Scalp 'em, Indians!

NDN79

500+ Posts
pngfan66--Very well said. I too (as well as many others) have felt for a while that there is something special about this team. I truly believe that their best games are ahead of them and that they will take them 1 at a time all the way to state!!

shovelhead

100+ Posts
No team has been able to shut down the PNG offense and I doubt that Manvel will either. On the other hand, our defense has not shut down anybody either (well, except Central!). IF the Defense can make a few stops, create some turnovers, and disrupt their game enough; The Indians play again next week!

GO INDIANS!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If the Indian offense keeps cranking out points, and the defense can force a couple of punts or turnovers, then chances are very good. All it takes is one or two stops to break the scoring cycle.

NDN53547781

shovelhead said:
No team has been able to shut down the PNG offense and I doubt that Manvel will either. On the other hand, our defense has not shut down anybody either (well, except Central!). IF the Defense can make a few stops, create some turnovers, and disrupt their game enough; The Indians play again next week!

GO INDIANS!
wacape said:
Now with Manvel's scouts seeing "The Chase Bertrand Show" last Saturday and the rest of the Mavs watching the film...Manvel has a problem to deal with as far as defensive planning is concerned. Obviously, they must gear themselves to stopping our one man wrecking crew and yet have to control Doty's lasers as well. So...do you,as Manvel's defensive co-ordinator, sit back and shut down Chase while Doty has all the time in the world to pick the Maverick defense apart? Or do you disrupt the Indian passing game by getting into the backfield and then watch Bertrand tip his helmet to you on his way into your secondary? I'm getting an image of the co-ordinator....elbows on his desk late at night, head in his hands and staring at blank piece of paper in deciding what sort of defensive plan to write down...LOL. Glad it's him and not me... :woohoo:

I BELIEVE IN OUR INDIANS!!!!! We the fans have go to show the coaching staff and team that WE BELIEVE. We all need to be like our WHoHoo girls, if the stands would start that everything the band finished our great fight song, I believe it will just blow the Manvel team off the field, can you or do you know how to WOOHOO!!!!!! I DO LETS JUST DO IT AND BELIEVE IN OUR INDIANS!!! NDN53547781

19cherokee90

I think no matter what they do....they don't stop us on offense. Try and shut down the run and you can't. Try and stop the pass and you can't. Defensivley...we fight hard and make our stops when the games on the line. This group of defensive guys are a TOUGH bunch and will get it done.

NDN53547781

shovelhead said:

GO INDIANS!
wacape said:

I BELIEVE in our OFFENCE AND DEFENCE, they are well coached and have the hearts to play for their school, that is what makes PN-G INDIANS SO SPECIAL. You will hear a lot of whoohoos during this game!!!!!....... NDN53647781

wacape

100+ Posts
The key to winning this game is to keep Manvel's offense off the field. The longer we have the ball, the less Manvel has it. So this means....long possessions(5 minutes or more) and alot of mixing between the run and the pass. Wait...don't we do that already? LOL :woohoo: :eek:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I hope you are correct. That could only mean great results at the game! :)

I met Mr. Bertrand tonight at the Pep Rally. A very polite, humble young man.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
proud ........ from what little i know of chase bertrand your statement seems correct. he is humble , polite , and a team player. he is a great player on a great team. i wish him all the best in chasing history.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
I hope you are correct. That could only mean great results at the game! :)

I met Mr. Bertrand tonight at the Pep Rally. A very polite, humble young man.
I met Eric Bertrand when I grabbed and hugged him at the game in San Antonio. We are both pretty intense about the Indians. Now, everytime I see him he tells me to "yell loud tonight" and grins. Great family.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores