Maximizing Crowd Impact on the Field

indians87

You talked about playing something to boost the crowd before the game. Jason Touchette wrote a sound that I think is one that would do that. But the powers that be will not allow it to be played for whatever reason.......Now, you want to address the crowd presence. I'm not trying to be an a____le but. Someone needs to address the Band, Indianettes, and Twirlers parents. A LOT of them don't even stay till even the 4th quarter. MOST of the are leaving as soon as the band starts leaving the field. I don't think that is right. If it wasn't for that football game. The band wouldn't have anywhere to play. I will say this, as a former player, when you run out on the field and you hear the band playing Cherokee. There is nothing like it in the world. The band is a big part of the tradition at PNG. But I think it is very rude and disrespectful to the team when these parents leave after their kid performs. Back in the olden days they practically had to tell people it was time to leave the field after a PNG win. Now days we are lucky to have half the stands still there after halftime.

bandkid

Staff member
Jason Touchette's Indian Nation song is the one I was referencing as the music to set the intro video to.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I had plenty of people giving me the glance last Friday. Near the end of the game dozens of people began walking out. I called them out, or rather loudly shared an indirect opinion, for not staying until the end out of respect and support of the team. It’s one thing if you have a reason to beat the rush such as a physical limitation or kids. But if you’re healthy and able and are just selfish, then you need to reconsider your choices.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I barely heard our band playing during the game itself at Jerry's house, but I could more than hear SoC because they were projecting towards us. I'm sure the team could hear them just fine though ....not sure what you can do though other than having them in the endzone at big venues if you want to have the fans hear them that in higher decks.
The acoustics in that place were horrible.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I posted this topic with similar suggestions in a neighborhood FB group mainly because there’s a lot of people who simply don’t realize there are recommended crowd participation do’s and don’ts at football games or understand that it can make a BIG impact on the game if done appropriately at the right times. The post was in NO way criticizing or excluding fans that choose not to stand or cheer, BUT I got a laugh cause there was ONE person who twisted my point and took it WAY out of context! They basically said “expecting” people to subject themselves to “self harm” by standing the whole time or cheering so loud that they lose their voice was “cult like” and nothing more than glorified “idol worship”!! :rolleyes::p:rolleyes:
Anyway, lots of EXCELLENT suggestions mentioned here and I think animated prompts on the jumbo tron such as…”GET LOUD” when we’re on defense and “QUIET, Offense at Work” could be a VERY effective and simple thing to implement starting next season.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
You talked about playing something to boost the crowd before the game. Jason Touchette wrote a sound that I think is one that would do that. But the powers that be will not allow it to be played for whatever reason.......Now, you want to address the crowd presence. I'm not trying to be an a____le but. Someone needs to address the Band, Indianettes, and Twirlers parents. A LOT of them don't even stay till even the 4th quarter. MOST of the are leaving as soon as the band starts leaving the field. I don't think that is right. If it wasn't for that football game. The band wouldn't have anywhere to play. I will say this, as a former player, when you run out on the field and you hear the band playing Cherokee. There is nothing like it in the world. The band is a big part of the tradition at PNG. But I think it is very rude and disrespectful to the team when these parents leave after their kid performs. Back in the olden days they practically had to tell people it was time to leave the field after a PNG win. Now days we are lucky to have half the stands still there after halftime.

bandkid

Staff member
I posted this topic with similar suggestions in a neighborhood FB group mainly because there’s a lot of people who simply don’t realize there are recommended crowd participation do’s and don’ts at football games or understand that it can make a BIG impact on the game if done appropriately at the right times. The post was in NO way criticizing or excluding fans that choose not to stand or cheer, BUT I got a laugh cause there was ONE person who twisted my point and took it WAY out of context! They basically said “expecting” people to subject themselves to “self harm” by standing the whole time or cheering so loud that they lose their voice was “cult like” and nothing more than glorified “idol worship”!! :rolleyes::p:rolleyes:
Anyway, lots of EXCELLENT suggestions mentioned here and I think animated prompts on the jumbo tron such as…”GET LOUD” when we’re on defense and “QUIET, Offense at Work” could be a VERY effective and simple thing to implement starting next season.
I’m guessing those comments were left by the woman who moved to Mid-County from “God-fearing” Liberty Hill and thinks the rest of us aren’t “cultured” because we haven’t been to Europe as many times as she has?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I’m guessing those comments were left by the woman who moved to Mid-County from “God-fearing” Liberty Hill and thinks the rest of us aren’t “cultured” because we haven’t been to Europe as many times as she has?
Probably…I gathered she or her husband lived around here at some point cause she mentioned they had moved back to the area. She might wanna consider going back where she came from though cause judging from the response to her comments…she DEFINITELY didn’t make ANY friends by basically calling us a “ false idol worshipping cult”…lol!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Having enthusiasm for school and community events isn’t idol worship. Showing support for the young people who are working hard to represent the community, their school and achieve excellence in their sport and extracurricular activities is not cult behavior. If that person doesn’t like it they should move to a community that doesn’t care and is on board with mediocrity.

bandkid

Staff member
Probably…I gathered she or her husband lived around here at some point cause she mentioned they had moved back to the area. She might wanna consider going back where she came from though cause judging from the response to her comments…she DEFINITELY didn’t make ANY friends by basically calling us a “ false idol worshipping cult”…lol!
Now that you mention that, I think I saw that exchange.

People like that always make me laugh. They think they know so much more than the average PN-G resident, and that the rest of us don’t realize our own “ignorance,” or “craziness,” or whatever it is they think they’re critiquing in that particular instance, because we lack their “worldly” perspective.

And yet, those same people who think they have so much more life experience have clearly never set foot in a college football stadium. Fans of universities like Texas A&M, Florida State, Ohio State and LSU are just as rabid as PN-G fans are. Maybe moreso, owing to the way the college stadium staffs have curated fan participation and the fan experience in those stadiums. Professional teams, too, for that matter. Ever been to an Atlanta Braves or New Orleans Saints game?

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
This effort could be coined as “OPERATION NEXT LEVEL”.

From what I saw PN-G high school was a first class operation at all points in AT&T Stadium. Especially compared to SoC. But let’s take it all a notch higher.

Send all your suggestions, and any others that appear here to the school. Suggestions on what and when the band plays. How the cheerleaders can charge up the crowds. How multimedia can be used to showcase PN-G. There is much to be proud and get the fans better involved. Do it all better. With class. Take it to the NEXT LEVEL.
Classy Indians vs the “Dancing Bears”
Lol

CS

100+ Posts
Start a movement encouraging more people to put their phones in their pockets and the noise level will increase.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Start a movement encouraging more people to put their phones in their pockets and the noise level will increase.
Mobile devices and social media are both banes of society. May as well have something implanted in the brain.

Reactions: CS

Indian99

500+ Posts

bandkid

Staff member
The trick isn’t getting people to put down the phone. This is 2023. That’s not going to happen. The trick is finding a way to incorporate phone usage into the atmosphere of the game as a means of keeping fans focused.

I attended the Sugar Bowl over the weekend. Before the game, an announcement came over the PA system encouraging attendees to use the QR code they put up on every screen in the stadium to download a specially made app. When the app was downloaded, people held up their phones, and the flashlights in all the phones began flickering in coordination with the stadium lights and the fireworks as the teams ran out onto the field in the Superdome. At Bryant-Denny, the cheerleaders have started encouraging fans to hold up their phones with the flashlight on while they do the wave in the stadium with lights dimmed during commercial breaks.

It all comes back to fan engagement. The spirit groups and stadium staffs at the college and professional levels find creative ways to keep the fans fired up and focused on the field. They’ve specifically figured out how to incorporate smartphones into that process, knowing everyone has one and checks it every few minutes these days. They’ve brilliantly turned the fans’ biggest distractions into another means of engaging the fans. Add in a winning team or a good game, and you’ve got a recipe for a very amped up stadium atmosphere.

Now, how do you make phones a part of the experience at Indian Stadium? I doubt PN-G has the resources to design its own app, or that the lights in Indian Stadium have a dimmer switch. But, I bet we can put an announcement up on the jumbotron early in the game encouraging fans to take pictures of themselves and their friends wearing their purple in the stands and post them with a certain hashtag or a certain location tag on Twitter or Facebook. Then, we can have the social media gurus in the pressbox string together collages of the best pictures to be played on the jumbotron during a timeout in the second half of the game. Think of it as the poor man’s version of fans seeing themselves on the jumbotron live thanks to a sideline camera crew in a professional stadium.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I’m beginning to accept that I’m old. If I go to any football game I just want to watch football. Not see people or commercials on a Jumbotron. Only thing I want to see on a big screen is replays or an occasional graphic to fire up a crowd. Not have my senses attacked by ear splitting music or commercials played on the stadium speakers. Especially if it’s rap. I don’t want to stare at a mobile device and miss game action. But I get that the modern day game includes all that. Especially if the goal is to keep people engaged for the inevitable marketing of products. :D

A lot of high school stadiums now have LED field lighting that can be dimmed and controlled for any type of sequence. Maybe those will be a future enhancement of Indian Stadium.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Hutto has LED lighting for the field and every part of the stands. When Hutto scores, they are set on a pattern almost like police lights. It's pretty cool. I'd never seen that before.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Hutto has LED lighting for the field and every part of the stands. When Hutto scores, they are set on a pattern almost like police lights. It's pretty cool. I'd never seen that before.
Tomball ISD has that as well. Very cool.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores