Media Day/Pictures/new uniforms

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Tuesday 8-11-2009 was Media Day, the players took team and individual photos in what I assume are the new uniforms.

DSCF7144.jpg

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
NDNBand69 --- thank you for the pictures. Your contributions to the web site and message board are most appreciated by this out-of-town alum. I am thankful for your pictures, practice recaps, and for keeping this message board updated with good content. Thank you.

Go Indians. Peace.

badndn

500+ Posts
Anyone know why I can't ever see pictures? I dont even see the red x. All I get is a very very small blank space.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Where's the picture of the all purple uniforms? Personally, I don't care for the purple tops with white bottoms, mostly because almost everytime we wear that uniform we have lost. Sorry--can't help it, I am superstitious.

ndn2006

I'm not so sure i like these uniforms. And I'm with squaw on this one I want the purple pants with the purple tops. But it's not really about the uniforms it's about the game being played. ha. Hopefully they look good and play good with them on.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
badndn said:
Anyone know why I can't ever see pictures? I dont even see the red x. All I get is a very very small blank space.

Make sure your browser isn't blocking files from photobucket.

tcobb27

Obviously Faircloth is trying to differenciate himself from the previous administration by changing the uniforms. I don't want to sound picky but it looks like the shade of purple is almost lavendar and not royal purple. I don't like the white pants for the home uniform. It looks like middle school. If he wins football games then no one will care about the uniforms. I do think the helmets look good with the black facemasks though.

15PNG

500+ Posts
tcobb NAILED exactly what I was thinking. I told my wife I thought they looked like middle school uniforms as well. I can't wait for this season, and I am completely pumped about Coach Faircloth. So I'll get over the middle school look. ;D

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I was hoping the lighter color had something to do with my computer. As I have stated numerous times, I like Royal Purple and hate it when they use any shade of lavender for anything Indian related. I also agree with white pants--I think it makes them look like a bunch of pansies!! Sorry about that! Why couldn't we stay with solid, Royal purple shirts and pants?

NDN34

As for me, I like the white pants and purple jerseys, but all that is minor. Win or lose, it doesn't matter what they wear as long as the Indians play with intensity and reach their potential. I think we have the coaching staff in place that will accomplish that, which is what has been sorely needed.

afndn

Personally, I like them. Think about it for one second though. Look at the color purple the jerseys are. Now imagine that color for pants. It would look terrible.
The only thing that would look good other than white pants, would be black pants. It would match the trim and face masks.
I like these uniforms though. Very sharp.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
I think if you go back and look at some of the uniforms of past teams in the yearbooks, the shade of purple has not always been exactly the same. I think the white pants look fine, but that is just my opinion. There have been a countless teams over the history of football that have done well wearing them.

DNIXSON

I think the new uniforms look great, it is a fresh new look for PNG, something we have needed for sometime now. and Yes I played football for PNG.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that the team needs a new look and also like the purple and white combo. I always preferred the all white uniforms to all purple anyway.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Please don't get me wrong. I'd support the Indians if they wore pink polka dots. It is because I am suspicious that I don't like the white pants/purple jersey combination. In the glory days, it seemed we lost every time they wore that mixed combination. Can someone find out exactly what they were wearing the few games they lost? All I know is the fans all groaned if they came out in white pants. Another no-no was waving white towels! We were losing until everyone put them away.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores