Media Day/Pictures/new uniforms

tcobb27

After talking with some of the coaches I have found out that the uniforms are the same as Oklahoma States. I was also told that the purple is darker than what they look like on the computer. What the newer coaching staff does not understand is that the indian tradition is that the only level that wears all purple is the varsity. All the lower levels have always worn white pants and I always thought that wearing all purple was a motivational tactic to inspire kids to make the varsity. Also I like the option of wearing the white jerseys with purple pants. All in all this is irrevalent if they win and I will always support the indians no matter what but I don't like to see changes in some of the traditions which make PNG unique from all the other school in the area.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I totally agree with you, Tcobb. I remember when you used to play, also. You did an exceptional job, too. I am glad to hear, however, that the purple is not as light as it looks online. I loved the all purple uniform and really loved the one with zig zags. Awesome! I also must say that I do love the way the numbers on the jerseys are outlined. I'm with everyone--all we really NEED is wins.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
tcobb27 said:
After talking with some of the coaches I have found out that the uniforms are the same as Oklahoma States. I was also told that the purple is darker than what they look like on the computer. What the newer coaching staff does not understand is that the indian tradition is that the only level that wears all purple is the varsity. All the lower levels have always worn white pants and I always thought that wearing all purple was a motivational tactic to inspire kids to make the varsity. Also I like the option of wearing the white jerseys with purple pants. All in all this is irrevalent if they win and I will always support the indians no matter what but I don't like to see changes in some of the traditions which make PNG unique from all the other school in the area.

Agreed. Previous traditions and motivations are always important.

But superstition and uniform colors won't prevent the team from being motivated and excelling under Faircloth's system. Sometimes a liitle change is good.

Bleed Purple

Mr. R, these pictures are terrific. I met you this week at a practice and didn't realize at the time that you took these pictures. It's PNG fans like you that make the program great. The uniforms look great and I like the white pants with the purple jerseys. I would also like to see the road uni's with white jersey's with purple pants.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Bleed Purple said:
Mr. R, these pictures are terrific. I met you this week at a practice and didn't realize at the time that you took these pictures. It's PNG fans like you that make the program great. The uniforms look great and I like the white pants with the purple jerseys. I would also like to see the road uni's with white jersey's with purple pants.

It's instructors in middle school that WOWed me like Mr. G, that make PNG fans like me.

ShlyKBMT

Just a thought, are we sure that the white uniforms are varsity as well. They're a complete different template including the pants which aren't nike. It would be weird to have two different pairs of white pants and not cost effective.

Cozmo

ShlyKBMT said:
Just a thought, are we sure that the white uniforms are varsity as well. They're a complete different template including the pants which aren't nike. It would be weird to have two different pairs of white pants and not cost effective.

I think the white uniforms are JV

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I say "who cares?" We only have to wear the white jerseys 3 times in the regular season. Then I'm predicting we win every coin toss in the playoffs!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores