Midcounty Madness Fans

pngmom4

500+ Posts
This poll is posted on the other message board. I hope that if you do go to the game Friday, that you consider staying the whole game. Let's send a message to the other town.

When do you think the Indian "faithful" will begin their mass exodus?

Beginning of 2nd Quarter
Halftime
Middle of 3rd Quarter
5 Minutes left in game
They will stay until the end

LET'S ALL BE LOUD AND PROUD ON FRIDAY NIGHT :clap: :clap:

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Because so many of our "faithful" leave early at home, I like playing away from home where most of the fans that go are truly faithful.

BTW The announcers during the Texas-Oklahoma game yesterday estimated that 20% of the Texas "fans" left at halftime.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This is one of the ridiculously pointless arguments that is made every year. It's right up there with the complaint that not everyone stands up during a game.

EVERY level of team including the University of Texas' program which just happens to be the wealthiest program in the nation with a strong history and fan following. Same goes for NFL teams. Any fan is subject to leaving a game.

Regardless, ANY other team in this district is lucky to see more than 5 or 6K travel to an away game. Even during a deep playoff run. And just as likely to clear out early. I would consider that support lacking from the very beginning.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Great point. I'm watching the Texans get it handed to them and I expect to see the Exodus at any moment... and it's just the 3rd!

Indian03

100+ Posts
Just a reminder, if you do not have your ticket for this game, general admission tickets go on sale this Wednesday at 8:00am at THE STADIUM TICKET WINDOW. There will be two lines/windows open and there are approximately 400 tickets to sell. You can also buy your student ticket there or at any PNGISD school.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
PN-G Fans do make a difference in the game! We have one thing that NO other school has...A Massive Fan base with the potential to make ALOT of noise. Everybody needs to be on their feet and screaming during this game. Nederland will pack the stands, but they can only bring what the visitor side will hold. Our Band is great this year, but they need to play more when the opposing team is on offense. We can rattle that Nederland QB. Lets be there for this PN-G team. If we pull off this win, can you imagine the uproar in 20-4A!

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I am with you mom. The crowd was so great Friday the Central lost their composure at the end of the game.

On another note, where is G Crew with their d-fence signs this year??

NDN79

500+ Posts
I agree with you IndianFan, this topic about who is a real fan is ridiculous. Some of you think that if you don't stand the whole game, don't holler the whole game, don't sing every verse of Cherokee, don't stay the whole game, or don't travel to every out of town game---then "you" are not a real fan. To me that is really a selfish and self-serving attitude that says "Look at Me".
So if you leave a game early because you have to go to work---you are not a real fan!
So if you get to a game late because your daughter,niece, or grand-daughter is a PN-G Rock-a-noo---you are not a real fan!
So if you can't stand the entire game because you are older, or possibly infirmed---you are not a real fan!
So if you don't go to every Away game because you have to work, or you are ill, or you have other commitments---you are not a real fan!
So if you live and work out of town and can't travel to the games---you are not a real fan!
So if you can only listen to the games on the radio, because you are a shut-in---you are not a real fan!

Please excuse my attempt at tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, but as was stated earlier, this is a ridiculous topic.
Remember this, just as there is NO "I" in TEAM, there is NO "I" in FAN.

PN-G fans are the best because they are so diverse, supportive ,passionate, and loyal to all of their teams irregardless of any and all circumstances.
We all love our Indians!!
I hope no one takes offense to this, because it was not intended. It was just a simple reminder.
God Bless the PN-G Indians and all of their fans!

bandkid

Staff member
MOM2INDIANS said:
Our Band is great this year, but they need to play more when the opposing team is on offense.

That's a double-edged sword. Opposing head coaches can request a penalty for the team if they feel the band is disrupting their offense per UIL rules. Matt Burnett once invoked this rule and I have no doubt Larry Neumann would jump at that opportunity if the game ended up being competitive. Band directors often hesitate to order up a tune when opposing teams have the ball and generally only do what they think they can get away with (percussion cadences more often than not).

There are, however, no rules regarding fan noise.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
bamakid said:
MOM2INDIANS said:
Our Band is great this year, but they need to play more when the opposing team is on offense.

That's a double-edged sword. Opposing head coaches can request a penalty for the team if they feel the band is disrupting their offense per UIL rules. Matt Burnett once invoked this rule and I have no doubt Larry Neumann would jump at that opportunity if the game ended up being competitive. Band directors often hesitate to order up a tune when opposing teams have the ball and generally only do what they think they can get away with (percussion cadences more often than not).

Central was blasting while we were on offense last week. I think they should follow the lead of the other band. If Nederland plays while we are on Offense..then we should do the same. Its MCM...Neumann would look bad if called for a penalty.

bark

1,000+ Posts
attakapandn said:
if that is the case we should've did that against central.. that band never shutted up!
??????????????????????????
we'll need all we have Friday vs. Nederland. They -on paper - far exceed anything we have done this year.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Line of scrimmage will decide it all. And no turnovers or silly penalties. It will take an extreme effort, but it can be done. Look at all the years that Nederland had an inferior team and pulled off the win.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Do you think the playbook will be opened a little more? I saw some good plays against Central, and they executed them well. Hoping we have some tricks still in the hat. I know Nederland will put alot more pressure on our QB, but some trick plays may shift the tide.

bandkid

Staff member
MOM2INDIANS said:
bamakid said:
MOM2INDIANS said:

Central was blasting while we were on offense last week. I think they should follow the lead of the other band. If Nederland plays while we are on Offense..then we should do the same. Its MCM...Neumann would look bad if called for a penalty.

I'm sure they did... and Central also happens to be the team Burnett invoked the rule against.

Nederland's band directors are every bit as aware of this rule as ours are. If they play anything beyond a percussion cadence, I'll be surprised. They almost never play anything loud (not even their fight song, but I'd be embarrassed if my fight song was the same as A&M's too ;D) and I can't recall Nederland ever playing anything while we were on offense.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
MOM2INDIANS said:
Do you think the playbook will be opened a little more? I saw some good plays against Central, and they executed them well. Hoping we have some tricks still in the hat. I know Nederland will put alot more pressure on our QB, but some trick plays may shift the tide.

Why not come to the QB meeting tonight at 6:30 and ask coach yourself/ Those meetings are extremely informative... and fun.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores