Montgomery @ PN-G

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Well what ya got? Could this be our 1999 WOS game last night? If we come n 2nd we play SOC round 2 according to Tepper.

tony79

100+ Posts
Too early to be sure.
How will we respond to a loss?
Nederland still has a grueling schedule.
We must beat Montgomery with max tie points if 2 or 3 way tie.
It's going to be a challenging game film review for the coaches and players. Here is where character development is crucial. I'd rather suffer an early loss if it develops us into a better team.
Consequences can sometimes be a better teacher. If not this year then maybe next.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I heard it was 18pts max and reverts back to H2H after third place team is decided. The info reportedly came from the Nederland coaching staff.

Eazy Money

I don’t understand the logic of that tiebreaker. If Team A defeats Team B by 18 points, we already know that Team B defeated Team C (hence the 3 team tiebreaker). So basically, the team that gets beat by the most points (Team B) advances as the 2nd team.
Team A beats Team B by 18
Team B beats Team C by 5
Team C beats Team A by 15
Answer: Teams A and B advance. Huh?

Eazy Money

If PNG wins this game, they will be guaranteed either the 1 or 2 seed. If they lose, PNG will be the 3 seed and Nederland and Montgomery will fight it out for the 1 and 2.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I heard it was 18pts max and reverts back to H2H after third place team is decided. The info reportedly came from the Nederland coaching staff.
I reported it slightly wrong, as they were discussing in the context of at three way tie for third place and thus how the third and fourth places would be decided. So there is still 18pts max and reverts back to HCH after the HIGHEST seed is decided (not the third place). Nevertheless, in the example above by eazy money, it is my understanding that the way he described the outcome would be correct with regard to how the two highest seeds would be decided, and in the case of a three way tie for third place only teams A and B would advance. However, for a three way tie for first or second place all three teams would advance but the tiebreaker would decide the seedings by the same formula.

Last edited:

Eazy Money

Yes, my example was a potential 3 way tie for 3rd at 4-3, if Ned wins out and Montg loses out. Lake Creek would be Team B in that example. Still makes no sense to me.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It will be a tough weekend for the players. They’re going to feel like they let everyone down, including themselves. The #1 rank, win streak nonsense is over. But they’re still a talented team with great coaching that needs to wake up and play like every quarter is the last. To steal a line from Trump, “it should have never happened.” The Indians played the last 13 minutes against Nederland like they could have played the entire game.

Come Monday they need to get back on that winning horse, and work harder than ever. Watch that game film and take ownership of any mistakes. And hold each other accountable. Tackle better, play the pass better, block better, run better, kick better. Run better plays. Coaches will soul search too.

Montgomery is in for a payback effort from the Indians.

Lonestar JR

Yes, Montgomery will be tough and they are salavating over a delicious payback. But, PNG will patch up its wounds and fight with renewed determination. PNG is a great team and will play with great intensity next Friday. The local fans (I live 650 north of the Reservation) need to encourage them and cheer them on at their public practice sessions.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (7-0)
vs.
Nederland Bulldogs (6-1)

Friday, Oct. 25, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium, Port Neches, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores