Most exciting HS football game I've ever seen.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
And the Indians had the guts, tenacity and will to overcome that first half, all those turnovers, and the late game pressure to win the game.

To steal a Rockets phrase, the Indians have 'The Heart of A Champion'.

afndn

It is right up there with the game against WO-S in 1992. That game was wild... but this... I never expected a Blocked XP runback to tie. Amazing.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This was a game where destiny did not seem to be on the Indian's side with so many uncharacteristic turnover. In the second half the Indians rose to the occasion and created their own destiny.

Nederland did the same thing this season with their 4 game turnaround. Congrats to both.

bandkid

Staff member
That game made the Texas City game look like a church service. At this point, I'm convinced that this school can do anything. PN-G has kicked some major butt on all fronts this year, and this game put the cherry on top. Now, I'm thinking that a state championship trophy is within our reach.

GO INDIANS!!!!!

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
What an awesome game. One I am sure that will be talked about for years to come. I am also sure that by tomorrow if not already that the blocked XP run back by Dunbar will be playing on youtube for all to see. It was AWESOME!!!!!! Thanks, NDNS you guys ROCK.

Pngrick72

The FANS for PNG tonight were AWESOME! Yelled the entire game and were definitely the 12th man tonight! To all the PNG players, Coaches,Band, Indianettes,Twirlers,G-Crew, you certainly showed Beaumont what PNG PRIDE is all about! Now do the same next week and the week after and???????? What a game!!!!!!!!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
And who'd ever thought that ball would get tipped into the hands of probably the only player that could outrun the Jaguars to the endzone? When they scored someone said its over and I replied "I've seen the Indians win in the last 20 seconds" but I truly thought it was over. We were almost crying with joy. Unfortunately, I did not get to see the OT play due to our friends illness, but as long as we won I am ecstatic. What a game for the record book!!!!! Awesome beyond belief!

phetonb

This was an epic game, and an unforgettable finish.

This game must be in top 5 games of all time, if not the greatest ever!!

WOW!!! That was the most exciting game I have EVER seen!!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
My nephew told me that another player ended up with the ball off the tip and tossed it to Dunbar. If so, really heads up move by the player to realize Dunbar was near him and to get it to Dunbar!!

NONS81

I really could not believe what I was seeing!!! This was the most AWESOME thing, because I too thought it was over. Still can't believe it!!! Way to play, guys and great coaching!!! Barbers Hill, here we come and we are a better team than when we played you in pre-season!!! GO INDIANS!!!!

NDN411

This makes me think we can go all the way and win state. I was in high school in '99 and we lost to WO-S, who ruined our perfect season, but we moved on and all the way. Central wanted to take away our perfect season and didn't. Maybe it's a sign that STATE IS OURS!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
afndn said:
It is right up there with the game against WO-S in 1992. That game was wild... but this... I never expected a Blocked XP runback to tie. Amazing.
That was an exciting game, but we ended up losing. One of the most exciting games I saw was when PNG and Nederland played for the district championship (and only one team advanced then). We scored in the last 20 seconds to win it, but Nederland fans still say Kyle Aguillard pushed off. He did. But that was also the year we won state, I'm pretty sure. Would've been a crime if Ned. beat us!

akifan94

500+ Posts
squaw said:
afndn said:
That was an exciting game, but we ended up losing. One of the most exciting games I saw was when PNG and Nederland played for the district championship (and only one team advanced then). We scored in the last 20 seconds to win it, but Nederland fans still say Kyle Aguillard pushed off. He did. But that was also the year we won state, I'm pretty sure. Would've been a crime if Ned. beat us!

I am pretty sure we won that game. They went for two, fumbled into the endzone and we recovered.

indian17

Yes we did win the game, ruling on the field was that the player who originally fumbled has to recover the ball. I remeber listening to the refs discuss the call and when the signaled no good we started going crazy. Good times! :rocks:

squaw

1,000+ Posts
indian17 said:
Yes we did win the game, ruling on the field was that the player who originally fumbled has to recover the ball. I remeber listening to the refs discuss the call and when the signaled no good we started going crazy. Good times! :rocks:
Sorry, you're right! I was talking about the WOS game we played over there when Malone was Head Coach. We ran a play called the Swinging Door which is no longer played. Everyone stood the whole game. We didn't have the talent to win, but Malone pulled out all the trick plays and we almost won. It was exciting. No one sat the entire game (both sides).

OldEagle

500+ Posts
The WOS game in 1989 was an exciting game. When we first tried the Swinging Gate play there was a penalty so we tried it again the very next play. It still fooled WOS even though they saw us try to run it on the previous play. They made no adjustment and Thad Gordan scored on a long TD pass.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores