My take on the Game. Summer Creek.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
1.. SC did nt impress me as a ranked team that they were last week.
2. our team has no energy feel to it.. look at when the kid comes out of the run through not excited or motivated to me.
3. Tackling sucks.. too many trying to tackle high.. need to slide down and wrap up the legs1
4. secondary is playing too soft. if we going to get burned then so be it.. but gotta hit them coming off the line and play tighter and hit the reciever when they miss the ball make them think about getting hit hard!
5 no leadership on this team to motivate or get into someone face to piss them off to prove it they can do better.
6. I do not feel the energy from the fans.. there is no feel of electricity in the air in the stands.

HighChief2008

attakapandn said:
2. our team has no energy feel to it.. look at when the kid comes out of the run through not excited or motivated to me.
3. Tackling sucks.. too many trying to tackle high.. need to slide down and wrap up the legs1
4. secondary is playing too soft. if we going to get burned then so be it.. but gotta hit them coming off the line and play tighter and hit the reciever when they miss the ball make them think about getting hit hard!
5 no leadership on this team to motivate or get into someone face to piss them off to prove it they can do better.
6. I do not feel the energy from the fans.. there is no feel of electricity in the air in the stands.

Most excitement out of the fans was when Murdock asked if the Indian Nation was ready (before the game started) and the first score.

NDN fan 4ever

100+ Posts
HighChief2008 said:
attakapandn said:

Most excitement out of the fans was when Murdock asked if the Indian Nation was ready (before the game started) and the first score.

Have to agree that the crowd was flat....not pumped up at all. I know it is hard to find the positves when you look at the scoreboard, but I thought several players had a good game, now all we need is for the TEAM to have a good game. WE can't give up on our Boys of Fall!!!

attakapandn

100+ Posts
2 games worry me in district.. ned anf vidor.. i predict we go 5-2 in district

my mvp so for this year has to be clark on sp.team and D

I sit on the end where clark too the kickoff and i could see in his face the determinaton of going for it all he was driven to make the TD!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
attakapandn said:

I sit on the end where clark too the kickoff and i could see in his face the determinaton of going for it all he was driven to make the TD!

After what I saw tonight, the only team in district 20-4A that PN-G will beat is Lumberton. This will be a 2-8 or 3-7 season. I agree...flat crowd. But getting down quick 14-0 and then 36-8 in the first half tends make a crowd flat. The kick-off return for a TD created some buzz, but Summer Creek stomped that momentum with 3 more TDs before the half. I don't criticize any coach or player that puts on purple and white so my comments about the game will end here. It was a longer than usual drive back to Houston tonight. It was my first PN-G game of the 2012 season. The band seemed larger than the last 2 or 3 seasons. I still get chills when I hear Cherokee on a Friday night. Listening to it on the web is all well and good, but seeing those kids form the Marching I and playing Cherokee brings back a lot of great memories from PN-G.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
This has been the toughest pre-district schedule in a long time. I think the team will rally.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
attakapandn said:

I don't feel the energy from the coaches either this year. Have they lost interest? In the past 3 years I saw alot of coaching and energy on the side lines and it's missing this year.

akifan94

500+ Posts
attakapandn said:

I agree with you on special teams but the d should have no MVP after the way they have played. We will not stop anyone besides Lumberton this year hitting people in the upper chest with arm tackles and playing 15 yards off the ball. Walker and Rose showed some life on offense so I will take that positive.

Whodat

Coaches and team know what needs work, they will be at it hard on ;Monday getting ready to put it on Lumberton

wacape

100+ Posts
I'm not gonna predict a final record for us because the kids read what we post here. I will say that it's going to be a struggle for us in district play unless things drastically change between now and district. I'm encouraged with the play of Medina and Walker from last night. Now if we can get our WR's to catch and the OL improve on their blocking, we may sneak up on a few people. :-\

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
This has been the toughest pre-district schedule in a long time. I think the team will rally.

I think so as well. PN-G is a slow-starter and always has been, and I think people are being too hard on them. Remember 2009? 21-20 over Barbers Hill and 22-16 over Texas City in overtime. Also, remember 2007? We suffered shutouts to Crosby and LaMarque, barely beat Ozen and then turned around and went two rounds deep in the playoffs with a share of the district championship.

We'll beat Lumberton and we'll beat LC-M. Central and Livingston have been hit and miss. If we can beat those two teams as well, we're in the playoffs. We may be one and done, but there'd still be a playoff appearance.

pngbax20

100+ Posts
I know this games allow the coaches to see what they need to work on, but if they continue to schedule these type of games i say you need to schedule a confidence booster game before district.

Squaw1

Regarding the fans, maybe we would have more spirit if we could actually watch the game. We missed the entire 3rd quarter due to parents standing in front of us trying to take px of their little girls dressed like cheerleaders. Some were even standing on the handicapped seating! Why didn't they perform before the game or at halftime?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores