National Signing Day

bark

1,000+ Posts
I know Doty has received letters. LU coach has only 8 open and 1 is split with BB (Fourtney). I really thought there would be a lot of noise at the Rev since. The Kirbyville kid and a kid from LCM are signing according to the Bmt. Ent.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Wednesday, Feb. 2 will be day 1 to sign ... plenty of time for coaches to see who is left after day 1 ... hopefully a few Indians will get the chance to sign. Doty should get an opportunity. If Lamar is full, then what about the University of Houston, SFA, ULa-La, or other schools that run the spread and throw the ball around?

png tribe

100+ Posts
Lunceford will be going to Kilgore. DJ will be going to Trinity Valley and Thompson will be going to West Texas A&M. Don't know about Doty.

lu cards

100+ Posts
i think langlois and doty will end up with some offers as well.lamar had only 15 to offer and used half on juco/transfers.they will have around 25 to 30 next year.rumor is lefredrick ford is going to sign with lu.with lamar going to the wac they need players of this caliber.

akifan94

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
i think langlois and doty will end up with some offers as well.lamar had only 15 to offer and used half on juco/transfers.they will have around 25 to 30 next year.rumor is lefredrick ford is going to sign with lu.with lamar going to the wac they need players of this caliber.

Lamar is headed to the WAC?

lu cards

100+ Posts
sounds like its a done deal.i hear it will be official in april for the 2012 season.also hearing tcu needs a game this year because tech is bailing on them and lu may get the game.may be played at cowboy stadium.tidwell/tubbs/simmons arent playing.when they brought football back they wanted to end up fbs.the opportunity just came a little sonner than expected.

akifan94

500+ Posts
lu cards said:
sounds like its a done deal.i hear it will be official in april for the 2012 season.also hearing tcu needs a game this year because tech is bailing on them and lu may get the game.may be played at cowboy stadium.tidwell/tubbs/simmons arent playing.when they brought football back they wanted to end up fbs.the opportunity just came a little sonner than expected.

That is huge. There is lot of travel involved though.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
any truth to Doty trying to further his career in basketball? This was reported on other board.

He is a great athlete, so I suspect he will do well at whatever path he chooses.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Have heard Doty has got a lot of letters, no offers. Hopefully he will end up somewhere. There are so many good players out there and it is hard for kids that are not blue-chippers to get noticed sometimes. Of course, these schools miss on kids and I think this is the case with Doty. If he gets a chance, he is going to make a coach very happy he signed him. Good luck to Lunceford, DJ and Thompson and all our Seniors that that get the opportunity to continue their playing careers. I know you will make us all proud.

Layingemdown

I heard Doty accepted a walk on at either Oregon or Oregon St.....for football. Has anyone else heard anything about this? From what I heard, it was a preferred walk on, not just a regular walk on. In other words, he already is guaranteed a roster spot and does not have to compete for a roster spot.

PNG267

Layingemdown said:
I heard Doty accepted a walk on at either Oregon or Oregon St.....for football. Has anyone else heard anything about this? From what I heard, it was a preferred walk on, not just a regular walk on. In other words, he already is guaranteed a roster spot and does not have to compete for a roster spot.
Nothing is final yet, but Oregon Ducks is the possibility.

NDN53547781

I don't know why Doty would want to go to Oregon, it's so cold up there and he might like to play there. WHere ever Doty goes I feel like he will play. That guy is good a lot like Dusty.

90NDN

500+ Posts
PNG267 said:
Layingemdown said:
Nothing is final yet, but Oregon Ducks is the possibility.

I just did a google search, so take this with a grain of salt, but this was posted on a twitter account....brennan will be playing both basketball and football @ Oregon.

http://twitter.com/farrissports

90NDN

500+ Posts
Has anyone heard anything more about Doty signing with Oregon to be a walk-on for both Football and Basketball?

bark

1,000+ Posts
I am baffeled as to why someone, JC, DII or DIII, has not picked him up somekind of way??? I am told his grades are great and there is no disipline problems whatsoever. The other SETsports Board has his OB rating low with weak arm strength. I don't know, I have never been a coach, you would think his numbers and wins would account for something.

Maybe someone else has a clue, I don't

PNGfan

100+ Posts
If you go to Duck Territory, they have a write up on Doty going to Oregon as a preferred walk on, which means he could enroll at another school and not be bound to go to Oregon. The article says that Doty will try to play basketball and football at Oregon. I wish him luck.

bark

1,000+ Posts
amen!! He really is what being a PNG winner and competitor is all about. I hope he knows how many people that don't REALLY know him are pulling for his success at the next level.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores