Nederland at PN-G Mid County Madness (Bum Phillips Bowl)

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Really looking forward to this game and watching RJ retaliate against the puppies. I hope they come into the game with a (controlled) chip on his shoulder and plays the best game of the year!

Hoping all players stay healthy.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Bigdog said:
IndianFan said:
DC Texas Football still has PN-G ranked above Nederland. Another indication of the talent that over confident Nederland fans like to overlook.

Per
[/size]@dctf[/size]’s computer rankings, the biggest Week 11 games in each class: 6A — No. 13 Cedar Hill at No. 12 DeSoto 5A DI — No. 24 Birdville at No. 1 Denton Ryan 5A DII — No. 14 Nederland at No. 12 [/color]Port[/size][/color]Neches-Groves[/size] 4A DI — No. 3 Argyle at No. 23 Celina

No ones overlooking PNG, don’t kid yourself

What Dave Campbell mag article was referring to was the multiple memes/comments etc implying that Roschon was PNG’s only player.

INDIAN_PRIDE_83

Let me say hats off to the Indians way to go. Now let me say this how did a freshman get to the varsity level on the O line without even playing on the JV or even trying some of the seniors,juniors,or sophomores I guess size matters more than technique . I don't know maybe I LL ask some of 1975 state team that we're told they were to small to be a winning team

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Some of the Senior players on the 75' state team were starters as sophomores, which was very rare at that time. There were no freshmen at the school at that time.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
There have been multiple injuries on the line this season. Several players have rotated in and out at different positions including a couple of seniors. This best players are the ones that get the playing time.

I honestly don't think it's a legitimate comparison any longer when talking about 1975 and 2018. Players are bigger and stronger these days, and often just as quick as those old players.

Jacob Osbourne #50 is the little guy on the Indian offensive line this season. And he's 5-11 225 or bigger. And the kid can pull and run better than anyone else on the team.
Other season starters Burt is 265+, Lisauckis 295, Garth 270+, Reyes probably 240+. Reagan, Caillier, Hranicky and the freshman (Dixon?) have all played quite a bit. Even so, those guys get steamrolled by big defenders. I think good size on the line is mandatory these days to compete.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Watched the replay on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/gmGZDrNhELw

Regarding the comment about the visitor section being small, yes it is compared to the home side. But the visiting side seats at Indian hold around 5,000 which is only a few hundred less than most average sized stadiums in Texas. For example, Nederlands stadium seats about 5,500 on either side. Cy-Fair ISD's multi-million Berry Stadium seats 5,000 on each side.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores