Nederland Basketball

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I was reading on the other site where some of the Nederland folks are upset about a new hire for basketball. I thought I would share a post from one of the upset posters:

Team First states,

"Coach neauman aka (never won district ) knew that coach English Aka ( two time district champ) was a basketball first Coach, when neauman hired him, so If he doesn't like English winning more than him, he can retire and let one of faircloths asst., take over and show Ned football what a district champioship feels like"

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Same thing that happened with Burnett will happen to Neumann. Every coach eventually suffers the wrath of fans and comes to the end of the road.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
squaw said:
yankeedawg said:
YD - This was in response to what a poster from Nederland said about coach on the other website. We just found it funny.

OK....thanks Squaw...I think it's pretty sad that anyone would post something like that, especially a "fan" of that team. That was a pretty harsh comment that was made. Even when all that crap about Coach Burnett was going on a while back, I thought it was in very poor taste...particularyly when the poster(s) is a supposed fan of the team... but that's just me I guess.

Penny

Sorry, Neumann won't be going anywhere. He's barely lost to PNG with a 4th string QB and then beat you last year with one of your best under center. Guy knows how to win and has the overwhelming support of the community. Ain't no basketball program with some malcontents gonna ruin what we have goin... especially in Texas, this is Texas and this is NEDERLAND and we play football. Nothing wrong with a successful basketball program, but we will play FOOTBALL, and we will play it well. I think you'll find for the next 4-5 years we're going to play it REALLY well. No offense, but if you win one of the next 5, I will be impressed. This has nothing to do with PNG, ya'll have a great program and I give you much respect, but Nederland will be dominant for the next 4-5 years, we have some of our best classes coming through right now. Best of luck.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
Penny said:
Sorry, Neumann won't be going anywhere. He's barely lost to PNG with a 4th string QB and then beat you last year with one of your best under center. Guy knows how to win and has the overwhelming support of the community. Ain't no basketball program with some malcontents gonna ruin what we have goin... especially in Texas, this is Texas and this is NEDERLAND and we play football. Nothing wrong with a successful basketball program, but we will play FOOTBALL, and we will play it well. I think you'll find for the next 4-5 years we're going to play it REALLY well. No offense, but if you win one of the next 5, I will be impressed. This has nothing to do with PNG, ya'll have a great program and I give you much respect, but Nederland will be dominant for the next 4-5 years, we have some of our best classes coming through right now. Best of luck.

NOBODY rides for FREE.....................we shall see.

PNGndn07

Penny said:

We'll see how that pans out then. Heart has a tendency to trump talent sometimes, especially during Mid-County Madness. 1 out of 5 may be farfetched.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Penny said:

Maybe. Another fact is Faircloth is just getting started. Once kids have been in his system from the middle school and up, watch out. Last seasons loss was more about a PN-G defense that had trouble all year.

I've read and heard plenty of discontent from Nederland fans the past several years. He's not immune to anything.

bark

1,000+ Posts
ingainerYYZ said:
Penny said:

NOBODY rides for FREE.....................we shall see.

CAN'T WIN THE BIG ONE!!!!! At the very least Matt took us to the big dance once!

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
Penny said:

[/quote

You must be drinking the proverbial KOOLAID because I have lots of friends who are bulldogs and not ONE of them is happy with Neumann. Actually I was at a friends house in Nederland this past weekend and there was about 20 adults and Neumann was the topic of conversation and again there wasn't a Neumann backer in the house. They ALL said it was time for him to go, made me think about Burnett's last year here and what the consensus was.

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
Penny said:
Penny I really don't think PN-G Fans care if neumann stays or goes.....and I know for a FACT THIS STORY IS TRUE.....From a Nederland Coach!!!

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
We like the the cross town fun but too many factors to say what will happen! No crystal ball here.Each team takes on it's own personality.Yea! GOOD LUCK!

bark

1,000+ Posts
15 - 20 years too long for anyone.

Hope Nederland is as kind with Neauman as we have been with Matt. He's now has probably a better position than head coach. Pay to headache ratio much less. I know he did not want to step down. However, he is not making much less with way less hours and is able to go into the community and not fade the heat.

One thing I like about PNG is we always find a way to take care of our own. And it should be that way!

Looking forward to game 1!

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
NDN4Life said:
Penny said:
Penny I really don't think PN-G Fans care if neumann stays or goes.....and I know for a FACT THIS STORY IS TRUE.....From a Nederland Coach!!!

plus 1.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Hey penny: I agree with your numbers concerning the PN-G vs Ned. rivalry...except that the Indians win 4 out of the next 5, NOT the way you had it. We like to play football at PN-G too!! As far as the kids coming through the program for the next 4 or 5 years--we all believe they are top quality and will continue too add to the PN-G legacy of winning against all of our opponents, especially against Nederland. We won't take a backseat view of our program ever! PN-G is ready, willing, and able to play anytime, anywhere, and against anyone! Let's kick the season off now!!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores