nelson to LU ??

lu cards

100+ Posts
word is nelson was on the lamar sidelines last saturday.probably just a visit but sure would love to see him in red/white.

bark

1,000+ Posts
That would be good for LU. But I'm not a LU football fan. I am a LU graduate (BBA Finance), member of the Alumni Club, pay my dues and get a Birthday email from a lady named LeBlanc.

He would be a great addition to the team.

Does anyone know if his Baseball skills are College worthy?

OldEagle

500+ Posts
bark said:
That would be good for LU. But I'm not a LU football fan. I am a LU graduate (BBA Finance), member of the Alumni Club, pay my dues and get a Birthday email from a lady named LeBlanc.

As you know he is a very good athlete (varsity football, varsity basketball and varsity baseball). Toward the end of the last baseball season he was turning out to be a pretty fair pitcher.

bark

1,000+ Posts
OldEagle said:
bark said:

As you know he is a very good athlete (varsity football, varsity basketball and varsity baseball). Toward the end of the last baseball season he was turning out to be a pretty fair pitcher.
************************************************************************************
after I posted, a coach I know informed me of his Basketball and Baseball career - then I remembered - and he commented if he starts throwing during Basketball season he should be ready for a great year - even though the team is young

Indian20o7!

he was there on a visit...got an offer...he enjoyed the visit...as far as baseball..yes i believe he will be playing college baseball also

lu cards

100+ Posts
hope he accepts.sure would be nice to watch him in person on saturdays.love that lamar is going after local kids.

wacape

100+ Posts
69...you talking about the "swipe" Jace took from two Vidor defenders????? It was a great play. Not only does he have great hands but he'll fight for the ball as well.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
no offense to Lamar but i believe jayce has division one ablity he remainds me of shipley from texas the older one not the brother

PNGfan

100+ Posts
I actually hope that he gets a better offer then Lamar. Sorry Cardinal fans, just think this kid can play on a bigger stage.

bark

1,000+ Posts
bamakid said:
I heard something about Neslon looking at Sam Houston State. Can anyone confirm?
\*********************************************************************
That would be a much better opportunity for him. They have a great program and showed lots of class in calling of the 1st team in the 3rd Qrt and allowing the 3rd team in the 4th.

Score could have been 166 to 0.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I would have to think that a D1 FBS(1A) school will offer him. With colleges spreading the field and throwing the ball these days, Nelson could play and contribute at that level. I think he will get some FBS offers once players start commiting and the picture becomes clearer for the schools.

lu cards

100+ Posts
bark said:
bamakid said:
I heard something about Neslon looking at Sam Houston State. Can anyone confirm?
That would be a much better opportunity for him. They have a great program and showed lots of class in calling of the 1st team in the 3rd Qrt and allowing the 3rd team in the 4th.

lamar has the nicest stadium and athletic facilties in the conference.they also have by far the best fan support.with lamars current leadership theres no doubt lamar football will be the class of the southland in a few years.so i dont see any other fcs school as a better opportunity.lamar also has made it public it plans to move to fbs in the next 2 to 3 years.lamar first game next year is in honolulu versus hawaii.nice little carrot to dangle.

81alum

I'd put Sam Houston stadium and facilities against Lamars anyday of the week. As far as fan support the crowds are dwindling at Provost Stadium. No sellouts last couple of games. To be the class of the Southland you have to start winning conference games. Way better opportunity to play for a nationally ranked team than a third year start up team that can't even decide on a qb and that has no running game.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
If you recruit within your region you will keep your fan support at a smaller college like Lamar. There are alot of players around the area that should be recruited by Lamar. Just seems like they get there to late for some reason.

lu cards

100+ Posts
have you seen lamars new athletic complex??nothing in the southland comes close.provost umphrey stadium is in another league compared to bowers.sam's scoreboard looks like its from the 70's and its got a track around it.sam's got a great team this year and they cant even fill it half way up.take away the lu fans last week and there crowd stunk.bottom line is no matter where nelson signs ill be happy for him,i thought it was great that he was being recruited by lu and felt it pertinent to post here since he plays for png.lamar has been good to png so far signing several kids the last 3 years.at one point last year there were 4 png players on the roster.

bark

1,000+ Posts
lu cards said:
bark said:
bamakid said:

lamar has the nicest stadium and athletic facilties in the conference.they also have by far the best fan support.with lamars current leadership theres no doubt lamar football will be the class of the southland in a few years.so i dont see any other fcs school as a better opportunity.lamar also has made it public it plans to move to fbs in the next 2 to 3 years.lamar first game next year is in honolulu versus hawaii.nice little carrot to dangle.
If past performences are an indication, they have never been at the top football. Better than SFA,SHSU and MeNeese? I know from your post you are a big LU fan and that's great but really? SHSU is # 4 or 5, you must be kidding.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores