nelson to LU ??

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
As much as I love LU, I wouldn't recommend any athlete going there until they get a fix on their horrible coaching situation. LU is in the same shoes we were in 4+ years ago.

plus one. J. Nelson is BETTER and should be at a MAJOR University.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
bamakid said:
Come on, IndianFan. You had to know this was coming when you posted that. ;D

Alabama13NCLogo.jpg

Notice the "2009" in large font. ;D

I'm not into the university comparisons. ;D Both are storied programs. I've followed the Longhorns through thick and thin over the past 4 decades, and just like Alabama, Nebraska, Notre Dame, A&M, etc, the Texas Longhorns have their own magic that isn't replaced by any other team's records. :texasflag: :hookem:

While we're at it, may as well recognize these guys.... ;)
$(KGrHqV,!l0E1GEfE)+EBN(y5qt,0g~~0_3.JPG

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
I'm not into the university comparisons.

I guess I'll take that as a surrender. ;D

To be honest, the national championships prior to the 50s really don't mean anything. Every different poll, entity and university had a different way of determining national champions, and it's still not foolproof. Heck, one of the years Alabama was voted National Champions saw a bowl game loss to Texas, Alabama just manged to keep the votes.

The Wikipedia article about it is pretty interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
SFA 69
LU 10

This comes following last weeks blow out / shut out by SHSU. I didn't expect wins in either game, but improvements over last years' results would be nice. (No, I don't consider this year against SFA an actual improvement. For one, SFA is a worse team this year than they were last year.)

Ouch...

What LU needs, other a better OC, actually hiring a DC, OL coach, and actually moving the former star QB to QB coach instead of RB coach, is a Jordan Shipley type receiver. Nelson IS that receiver. I can't remember how many times this year LU's receivers were hit in the hands and could not hold on to the ball. Don't even ask an LU receiver to go out and try to get the ball.

Ugh. I WANT Lamar to succeed. Maybe I should hope Nelson goes there. We should be seeing some sub-head coach changes this off season. Maybe Nelson could be the spark LU needs on offense next year.

pngdad8520

100+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
SFA 69
LU 10

This comes following last weeks blow out / shut out by SHSU. I didn't expect wins in either game, but improvements over last years' results would be nice. (No, I don't consider this year against SFA an actual improvement. For one, SFA is a worse team this year than they were last year.)

Ouch...

What LU needs, other a better OC, actually hiring a DC, OL coach, and actually moving the former star QB to QB coach instead of RB coach, is a Jordan Shipley type receiver. Nelson IS that receiver. I can't remember how many times this year LU's receivers were hit in the hands and could not hold on to the ball. Don't even ask an LU receiver to go out and try to get the ball.

Ugh. I WANT Lamar to succeed. Maybe I should hope Nelson goes there. We should be seeing some sub-head coach changes this off season. Maybe Nelson could be the spark LU needs on offense next year.
I want Lamar to succeed also, at the game Friday there was a scout from SFA on our sideline....I asked Chase If he has seen anyone from Lamar, He told me that he has not, But that does not mean anything. But my point is you could make a HELL of a good team with the talent that is in the area, Just in 20 4a ! Not to mention 2,3,and 5a! And talk about pack the house!

thetestament

I sure hope Nelson's parents sit him down and tell him how bad Lamar is. They are horrible and until they change the coaching staff, I hope none of our players settle for Lamar. Same goes for Romero. These kids are too good to play for Lamar and waste their college experiences there.

NDN79

500+ Posts
For whatever reason, I don't think the football staff at Lamar has any interest in any PN-G players, no matter how good they are. Why wouldn't they let PN-G play a ply-off game there?
I hope Jayce goes somewhere else and has all the success in the world!

lu cards

100+ Posts
lamar has signed 3 png kids the last 3 years(mcglin,harmon,tatum).they also offered dallas davis but he choose not to play college football.shetley walked on and made the team.in contrast nederland has only had 2 kids (foney,cardenas)sign with lu.cardenas never made it to campus and forney was dismissed last week.lamar has been good to png so far.as far as the stadium goes vidor plays there thursday and nederland plays theres friday.lamar was booked by the stjfl months ago to play the youth football superbowl this saturday(all day).got word the interim ad at lu may have messed up not booking png.not good when you have an interim tiltle to your name.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Still seems funny to me--since LU has renovated the stadium, PNG has not had the chance to play there. Several other schools in our area have. No disrespect to any of these other schools, but they do not bring the support and crowds that PNG does. If they are trying to make money for the university, then bring in the biggest crowds. Just my humble opinion!

Torino

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
For whatever reason, I don't think the football staff at Lamar has any interest in any PN-G players, no matter how good they are. Why wouldn't they let PN-G play a ply-off game there?
I hope Jayce goes somewhere else and has all the success in the world!

I believe Harrison Tatum was the first HS commitment to LU..he announced at halftime of the Texas-OU game in 2008.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
lu cards said:
lamar has signed 3 png kids the last 3 years(mcglin,harmon,tatum).they also offered dallas davis but he choose not to play college football.shetley walked on and made the team.in contrast nederland has only had 2 kids (foney,cardenas)sign with lu.cardenas never made it to campus and forney was dismissed last week.lamar has been good to png so far.as far as the stadium goes vidor plays there thursday and nederland plays theres friday.lamar was booked by the stjfl months ago to play the youth football superbowl this saturday(all day).got word the interim ad at lu may have messed up not booking png.not good when you have an interim tiltle to your name.

According to Dallas' dad, He actually wanted to play at Lamar, because he wanted to go to Lamar, but Lamar wouldn't offer him a scholarship, presumably because they wanted him to walk on (and not have to pay for him). Dallas did receive offers from other schools, but he wanted to go to LU. But, come to think of it, I'm thinking that he ended up going somewhere else, because I see him come home for holidays, etc.

90NDN

500+ Posts
What's going on with why Dionte was released? Anyone have any information on that? I thought he was going to play both bball and football?

lu cards

100+ Posts
read it on bigredinsider.com.i think he quit coming to practice so they kicked him offf the team.didnt really surprise anyone.he wasnt nederlands best bball player last year and he was going to play for pat knight?he may have been offered a shot to walk on but who knows.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores