New AD/Head Coach Jeff Joseph Intro

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Well losing Faircloth was a blow. But all things considered so far i can’t imagine a much better outcome for PNG. Image and team. Would I personally have rather kept it the way it was for the time being YES. But maybe Faircloth secretly wanted out at some point soon and they saw a window of opportunity to get these guys and had to act immediately. I also don’t put it past Sulphur Springs being a major competitor in a 4A drop down. Growing up in NETx SS was always great and known football powerhouse there were a few years they were the team to beat in the area.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Well losing Faircloth was a blow. But all things considered so far i can’t imagine a much better outcome for PNG. Image and team. Would I personally have rather kept it the way it was for the time being YES. But maybe Faircloth secretly wanted out at some point soon and they saw a window of opportunity to get these guys and had to act immediately. I also don’t put it past Sulphur Springs being a major competitor in a 4A drop down. Growing up in NETx SS was always great and known football powerhouse there were a few years they were the team to beat in the area.
I DON'T want to spin up this pointless conversation again, but it's important to maintain some level of correctness on the circumstances. Jeff Joseph and any coaches he brings in are a result of the Dodge consultation. It's not impossible that Joseph might have applied, but not certain and even more uncertain if he would have been the frontrunner.

And Faircloth would still be here if he'd had a choice. But he has a great new opportunity to repeat his success here. He will be fine, maybe better off.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It might be tough for Woodard to stay. Even if offered to stay on as an assistant, that’s a step down unless they create some other type of coordinator position.

Stating the obvious… Beyond that probably depends on if Joseph wants to bring in his own guys.

Must be tough being a coach and dealing with all the potential moving.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Watched Katy vs South Lake Carroll 2003 (or 2004) finals in the Alamodome. the other night.
Crazy to see how odd the huge shoulder pads look now and that wasn’t that long ago

90NDN

500+ Posts
Why did they go away from those? One would think they would be better for protection, but I honestly have no clue.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
But then the miami dolphins WR during the Dan Marino era always had small shoulder pads as well as the Redskins around that time I remember.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores