New District

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Not Sure if this topic has come up yet. Does the DEA need to be notified on the individuals who came up with these allighnments? (Joke but no joke) Here are the region III 5A DII districts.
PNG Barbers Hill BLee Central Ozen Crosby Dayton Ned Vidor. 8 TEAMS (Not fair considering our bi district opponents 4 TEAMS) WHICH IS Brenham FB Marshall FB willowridge and Huntsville. WOW. 4 teams (why not move Crosby/Dayton over there ?) then HMad Hmilby HNorthside HSterling HWaltrip LamarCon Mavericks Santa Fe. THEN the craziest region III PICKS Dallas Adamson, Conrad Jefferson Kimball Sevoville Spruce and Waco University. The weakest district in the region by far.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Here’s the worst. TEXAS HIGH my alma mater their travel schedule in district is Little Elm, McKinney North, Mesquite Poteet, West Mesquite, The Colony and Wylie East between 170 and 200 miles each team.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Well... upon further investigation I see several teams missing from the region III list. So ... to be continued...

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
And OH YEAH manvel is the largest school in 5A div II and were 3.5 below the “cutoff” (arbitrary inclusion/exclusion numbers IMO) I will say this at least I watched their last 3 games - someone has convinced them to have much better behavior on the field than even (last viewing) their game vs GP Northshore and in the past. So thanks for that at least manvel coaches/staff. Although I do consider outward (visible) crying when losing a game to be VERY POOR sportsmanship when you’re mostly grown (also looking at you WO-S) That IMO basically means you think all you have to do is show up and they will give you the trophy. I understand it’s very upsetting but for Godness sake hold it together until you get to the locker room at least. Just my opinion. Even my 12 Year old nephew at the PG WOS game called it. I had been saying all game “WO-S just expects it to be given to them” I repeated it after the game was over and he said “that’s why they were crying at the end” very perceptive on his part and I 100% agree. JMO

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Alvin Shadow Creek is ONE under the 5A cutoff. You can’t tell me that’s by coincidence. No way imo.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Footballfan1209 said:
Heck if what I'm hearing is true, we might lose the Beaumont schools next year.
No according to the “unofficial” official numbers they’re both just over. Lost Lumberton to 4A but both Ozen and Central are 5A DII.

Footballfan1209

Usedtocould said:
Footballfan1209 said:
No according to the “unofficial” official numbers they’re both just over. Lost Lumberton to 4A but both Ozen and Central are 5A DII.
No, Im talking about the merger that might take place between Ozen and Central. If they combine they will be 6A. The decision has to be made before Feb. 1.

Footballfan1209

Mr. Buddy Garrity said:
What they need to do is leave Central and Ozen as is and build Central a new HS building by 2020.
I agree, also it gives more kids the opportunity to play and be involed instead of getting lost in a big group of people.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Footballfan1209 said:
Usedtocould said:
Footballfan1209 said:
No, Im talking about the merger that might take place between Ozen and Central. If they combine they will be 6A. The decision has to be made before Feb. 1.
IC

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
BREAKING: Beaumont ISD's board voted to close Central High and merge it with Ozen High at the Ozen campus.

https://t.co/IKZhM3mRK8

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Mr. BG - Wow! Can you imagine the basketball powerhouse that a combined Ozen/Central will be? They will have a roster of 10-12 players deep that can score in waves and defend the rim. Football should be pretty good, too, but nothing like the basketball team will be on the state level. I hope PN-G will play Memorial, Ozen/Central, and WB in football. Reduced travel, excellent competition, and holding on to the old District 22-5A (PN-G, nederland, TJ, French, BC-P, WB, and Vidor).

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Goodby Jags and Panthers. They are forming a committee to rename and choose new colors.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
1989NDN said:
Mr. BG - Wow! Can you imagine the basketball powerhouse that a combined Ozen/Central will be? They will have a roster of 10-12 players deep that can score in waves and defend the rim. Football should be pretty good, too, but nothing like the basketball team will be on the state level. I hope PN-G will play Memorial, Ozen/Central, and WB in football. Reduced travel, excellent competition, and holding on to the old District 22-5A (PN-G, nederland, TJ, French, BC-P, WB, and Vidor).
they will struggle next season in football. They will basically be Central football team in another uniform. As far as bball: more great teams on the 6A level than 5A, plus some kids will find their way over to WB to play for a legendary HC if he stays there, it wont be easy.

Add in the fact there will be transfers completely out of there too (from new school to out of BISD): im taking the wait and see approach, that 1st yr of the merger will be extremely hard, alot of parents are none too pleased about this merger.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
My coworker is pissed she lives in the West End and drives her daughter to Ozen. She was none to happy when she found out about the consolidation.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Wow. Seems like the BISD folks don’t care too much about the constituents. At least from the things I’ve heard.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Various BISD leaders have failed\ripped off taxpayers for years. This comes as no surprise. The combined high school, just as having Thomas’ name on their athletic complex, will be a constant reminder.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Various BISD leaders have failed\ripped off taxpayers for years. This comes as no surprise. The combined high school, just as having Thomas’ name on their athletic complex, will be a constant reminder.

Agreed, they can blame Butch and his other cronies for allowing the theif of millions of dollars.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores