New Drum Majors and Twirlers for 2009-2010

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDN X said:
IndianFan said:
I remember the military style from earlier years. I only go back to 1970 though.

Early 80's we were just starting to cross the line into "show band"...
Can we cross back into whatever we had in the late 70's when the drums and horns made the hair stand up on your head when they played Cherokee?

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
NDN X said:
IndianFan said:
I remember the military style from earlier years. I only go back to 1970 though.

Can we cross back into whatever we had in the late 70's when the drums and horns made the hair stand up on your head when they played Cherokee?

We played Cherokee faster and louder for the Indian Spirit tryouts, and I believe we will do the same at the Spring Pep-Rally. In other words, we're working on that.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
squaw said:
NDN X said:
IndianFan said:

We played Cherokee faster and louder for the Indian Spirit tryouts, and I believe we will do the same at the Spring Pep-Rally. In other words, we're working on that.
Thanks!!!!! Most of the fans will love it faster and harder.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
I just wished more kids were interested in the band.
Another time I agree with you, Justafan! It's worrying me! :laugh: I would also hope the band learns to play Cherokee properly--tempo fast, drums and horns loud--so the fans all get goose bumps when its played. I'm getting tired of standing up when they do play it and no one around me gets up. :'(

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
Justafan said:
Another time I agree with you, Justafan! It's worrying me! :laugh: I would also hope the band learns to play Cherokee properly--tempo fast, drums and horns loud--so the fans all get goose bumps when its played. I'm getting tired of standing up when they do play it and no one around me gets up. :'(

You know, I have to say that this past Indian Spirit/Varsity Cheerleader competition was really a step in the right direction as far as "fan/student spirit" goes. I think the prospect of a new coach and a new playing style, in addition to the exceptional performances by our soccer and baseball teams this year, has really fired up our student body. I noticed a new aura of pride coming from the crowd at that competition. We played Cherokee with a spirit that just wasn't really there this past football season, and, unlike at the pep rallies, the whole crowd, (teachers, parents, students, the cafeteria ladies, the janitors, everyone) stood up and clapped to the beat. It wasn't just certain pockets of people like it had been.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
squaw said:
Justafan said:

You know, I have to say that this past Indian Spirit/Varsity Cheerleader competition was really a step in the right direction as far as "fan/student spirit" goes. I think the prospect of a new coach and a new playing style, in addition to the exceptional performances by our soccer and baseball teams this year, has really fired up our student body. I noticed a new aura of pride coming from the crowd at that competition. We played Cherokee with a spirit that just wasn't really there this past football season, and, unlike at the pep rallies, the whole crowd, (teachers, parents, students, the cafeteria ladies, the janitors, everyone) stood up and clapped to the beat. It wasn't just certain pockets of people like it had been.
Great! Standing during Cherokee is a sign of respect.

NONS81

squaw said:
bandkid said:
squaw said:
Justafan said:

Great! Standing during Cherokee is a sign of respect.

NDNS81 likes this!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores