New PN-G football site ready for the new season!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A redesigned pngindians.com web site is ready for the 2015 season.

http://www.pngindians.com/football/

There are a few remaining revisions and additions that I have not yet completed. But its 95% finished, and already superior to most high school web sites that you'll find. PN-G fans deserves no less.

New features include a responsive design which simply means the site is more mobile friendly for better viewing on your iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, as well as desktop PCs and iMacs.

Be sure and check out the all time individual records under the History section. Many thanks to Matthew Weatherford for helping pull that together.

I'm still waiting on some folks who promised to provide historical content.

In the meantime check out the interesting content under the Fan Zone | Memorabilia page. Bill Snelling and Jerry and Mike Taliaferro deserve particular praise for contributing game programs and audio from the 50s, 60s and 70s.

Please consider making future content contributions such as scanned photos, game programs and articles. The goal is to preserve PN-G history for future generations to learn from and enjoy.

I hope you enjoy it, and would appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

Mobile friendly site!
https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pngindians.com%2Ffootball

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
We all need to work hard to gather any historical information we can in an effort to preserve it. This website can and will be here for future Indians to see their history. Our school is built on Honor, Pride, and Tradition. These aspects of our school are written throughout the history of our school in all activities and sports. We need to preserve these any way that we can. Remember this....... It takes an endless amount of history to make even a little tradition.
Henry James

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Great stuff! What helps make the site great are the contributions of fans. Hoping that locals will continue to contribute!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
MOM2INDIANS said:
WOW! It looks fantastic! Will this site shut down?
The message board is just an extension of the web site. Both have been around since 2000, and will continue to be around as long as there is an interest from alumni and fans.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
This site is probably the best high school football site for any individual school out there. I spend a lot time surfing high school football websites and have spoken to some who have mimicked Indianfan's site. The one that is or was open for Gregory Portland. Was supposedly made to be like this one. We need to appreciate the historical value of this site.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's in a transitional phase with the end goal to also make it responsive design, ie it re-sizes to fit your phone, tablet or desktop computer. It's almost impossible to read a web page on your iPhone or Android device that's been designed for a large monitor.

As soon as I find the right spot in the style sheet to change, the colors will be purple, white and some complimentary neutral color for backgrounds.

Also, does anyone think the emoticons are silly and should go away or at least be trimmed down?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
prepballfan said:
This site is probably the best high school football site for any individual school out there. I spend a lot time surfing high school football websites and have spoken to some who have mimicked Indianfan's site. The one that is or was open for Gregory Portland. Was supposedly made to be like this one. We need to appreciate the historical value of this site.

prepballfan,

Thanks for your interest and appreciation.

I was a high school football site enthusiast 15-20years ago when many sites were in their infancy, and built the initial version of the pngindians.com site back in 1999-2000.

I tracked down and visited practically every Texas web site that could be found over those years. There are few of those other original sites remaining, including none of the local dedicated high school sites. Those faded into the past due to lack of interest as fans gravitated to other 'mega sites'.

You are spot on with your first statement. That end result was planned and executed intentionally. ;) What we PNG fans have now rivals pro and college sites as well, and with no advertising!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks restless natives. So you also understand how much time it takes to perfect the details. It's not perfect, but probably good enough. :laugh:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores