New Stadium Upgrades

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Yes I think that’s the main selling point of LEDs no warm up time so you can strobe/flash/dim with no delay to turn them back on
I’ve definitely seen purple at a stadium
How cool would that have been.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Yes I think that’s the main selling point of LEDs no warm up time so you can strobe/flash/dim with no delay to turn them back on
I’ve definitely seen purple at a stadium
How cool would that have been.
It would be awesome if they could do some cool stuff with the lights at some point and give students another way to show their creativity and learn a skill at the same time because that’s becoming a BIG thing at sporting events on every level now!

15PNG

500+ Posts
We need the practice facility more than we need flashing lights IMO. I signed up again today for the booster club. Hutto,TX chapter.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
We need the practice facility more than we need flashing lights IMO. I signed up again today for the booster club. Hutto,TX chapter.
Oh, I TOTALLY agree…Just saying it would be a cool addition and another opportunity for student involvement…in the FUTURE!!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
How do you get the lights to turn purple? You can program lights to change colors? Who knew? I'm getting old. I'm just happy when the lights come on after I flip the switch. Now, you're telling me that someone can program lights to change colors? I can dig some purple lights on The Reservation.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
They’re actually PURPLE LEDs
Or whatever color you want
Sometimes it’s a blue and red together
But I saw it at a stadium on TV and it was raining (Purple Rain) and I immediately thought perfect

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
How do you get the lights to turn purple? You can program lights to change colors? Who knew? I'm getting old. I'm just happy when the lights come on after I flip the switch. Now, you're telling me that someone can program lights to change colors? I can dig some purple lights on The Reservation.
I’m not sure exactly what capabilities the new stadium lights have, but I know most of the new LED technology comes with the ability to change colors so it’s possible that could be an option.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Being “technical”
lol
Each color has its own “bulb”
(usually)
(And there is white and amber)
So if it has purple or blue/red
It can go purple
I have some that do straight purple without the red blue mix
Almost a UV Blacklight
Looks cool.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Here you go.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Example of LED stadium lights running through some of the color spectrum. (plus some other stuff that high schools would not be able to do.)

Playing AC\DC Thunderstruck at about the 1 minute mark. I'm telling you, that song playing when the Indians take the field, or any other time in the game would be seismic.

Shock the world Indians. You can do it again.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores