New Stadium Upgrades

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Having two 11,000 seat stadiums in CFISD makes it even easier to handle those 12 high schools. And the Berry Center complex saves tens of thousands of costs every for graduations, teacher support, etc. we now have a brand new performing arts and district admin building as well. And over 100 first class schools. But man do we have a pile of debt to pay off.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
For those that made it to the game last week, how were the new stadium lights? There was no indication of any type of variation during the broadcast, so assuming that they're not capable of that.

4-0-Niner

I thought you could tell! They totally pulse them on scores. I suppose it is like if you took a dimmer switch and slid it back and forth a few times. It is a really cool effect and adds a little something extra to the Res. At the 42:46 mark you can sort of tell. I think it would be more apparent if the camera were showing a wider angle when they did it. Maybe they only do the perimeter lighting and keep the field well lit, which I guess kinda makes sense for player safety. But sitting in the crowd it is very apparent.

42:46 Touchdown "Light Show"

PurpleReign

Yes, that was a cool feature. I did hear from someone who sits up higher in the stadium that it was not as bright as it used to be up there. They were wondering if a slight adjustment could help brighten the area up some. ?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
The new lighting effects were VERY cool!! I would like to see them use that big jumbo tron to get the crowd more involved…like “GET LOUD”, “MAKE SOME NOISE prompts when we’re on defense. Nederland does that and it’s actually VERY effective!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A row of purple lights above the press box would do the trick for the light shows. Bathe the home crowd in purple and wow the visitors side.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I do wish they’d bring back the quick serve drink stations like we had for a few years after the stadium re-build cause you miss a lot of the game waiting in the LONG lines just to get a drink. But, it’s all good…I just get there EARLY and stock up…lol!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores