New Student Events Center

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in for $400. And I'll raise you $100. ;D

Seriously, if some of the big corporate partners in the district kick in a substantial donation, and local business contribute, this effort would be well on it's way.

Here's a couple of other ideas to throw around...

1) Seek some local contractors to supply materials at their cost. And who would perhaps scale back their labor costs in exchange for some advertising on the scoreboard.

2) Look at selling pavers engraved with names or a wall plaque to include the name of contributors. For example, I would be willing to pay extra for my parents names to be permanently displayed somewhere. They do the same at pro and college stadiums to raise money.

3) Consider leasing the naming rights on the building.

Any other ideas?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
The problem with the scoreboard is that I think all those spaces need to be sold to pay for the thing. However, there is that nice big high def screen to throw adverts up on. . .

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
pngfan93 said:
The problem with the scoreboard is that I think all those spaces need to be sold to pay for the thing. However, there is that nice big high def screen to throw adverts up on. . .

That's what I meant.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I was at the fieldhose today, and Coach Faircloth brought up the subject, and showed me some drawings on his puter. NICE!!!!!!
He's very excited about it, and so am I. All we need is 3,000 to donate $1,000! :clap:

NONS81

IndianFan - you talked about pavers, what about the cinder blocks needed to build the building, everybody buy one for whatever you think is a fair price....how much do they cost? 10 bucks? I know that it will take alot of cinder blocks but for every doanation that is one less block that has to be bought....I think more people would be able to participate that way....I think we sold pavers for the Splash Park for $25 (maybe $50) and they were engraved with a family name on them...just a thought...

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The name recognition with a paver, or whatever object, would just be the incentive and reward. Example, a $50 donation might buy 4 $10 cinder blocks + the cover the cost of the displayed name.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
I was at the fieldhose today, and Coach Faircloth brought up the subject, and showed me some drawings on his puter. NICE!!!!!!
He's very excited about it, and so am I. All we need is 3,000 to donate $1,000! :clap:

Any chance we can get our hands on some of those drawings?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
web.jpg

The building would contain an 50 yard turf field and a 50 yard hitting net.

Flag arena football during the offseason ;D

lu cards

100+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
that would be 3 million but im sure faircloth wouldnt mind. ;D

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say I never thought PNG would see the types of positive changes we're witnessing with the program. It's beyond incredible. Coach, please don't ever leave. :thumbsup:

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
You start to get the sense that he is here for the long term. Why else would he work so hard on something that is going to take a little while in fund raising alone? At least I hope I'm right.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
I went by the field house today and saw some nice additions to the weight room, then walked down the hall and saw the restored photographs on the wall. One side had all the previous head coaches. All were the same size, black and white except for Matt's and Faircloth's. The other side had game photos from the past. The one representing this year was a great shot of Caleb Harmon on the run. It's a great thing to see Coach Faircloth preserving PNG's past.

Talking with Amanda, we agreed on how amazing this year has been at the Reservation. But also knowing what the future holds with all that Faircloth is doing. These are exciting times at PN-G.

It still amazes me that as often as I have taken pictures of the stadium.......when you turn to exit the weight room......BOOM.......that view of the stadium home stands is captivating. It is a sight you do not associate with a high school stadium. Imagine how things are going to look with the Multi-Purpose Facility.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
lu cards said:
PNG Proud said:
that would be 3 million but im sure faircloth wouldnt mind. ;D

Give me a break... I went to PNG ;D

NONS81

IndianFan said:
Indian03 said:
There are two pictures that show what the building would look like posted on the PNG athletics web pages. Click the link to see the pictures. Go Indians!

http://football--varsity.png.high.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/integrated_home.phtml?gid=1021261&sessionid=255df4178a6f5045a84969e1220f7d6b

When can donations begin for this? And should they be sent to the Booster Club or Athletics Department?

I would contact Coach Faircloth at bfaircloth @ pngisd . org and ask him...

<edited the email address to make it more difficult for a spambot to pick it up. E-mail spambots can harvest e-mail addresses from web sites to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail.>

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
Indian03 said:
There are two pictures that show what the building would look like posted on the PNG athletics web pages. Click the link to see the pictures. Go Indians!

http://football--varsity.png.high.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/integrated_home.phtml?gid=1021261&sessionid=255df4178a6f5045a84969e1220f7d6b

When can donations begin for this? And should they be sent to the Booster Club or Athletics Department?

According to coach, the Booster Club is taking it over, so that the donations can be tax deducted.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores