New Superintendent?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Not a football subject, but...

I see where Dr, Cavness is relocating to Texas City (God knows why). Any thoughts on who the new super might be?
Pick a home grown or go outside the district?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Re: New Superintendant?

Is there anyone on the current staff that is qualified and aspires to be superintendent?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member

Not really sure of aspirations, but there's Dr. Keith (former PNG Principle) and Brenda Goats Duhon (PNG 76'). Both qualified IMO.

bark

1,000+ Posts

PNG Proud said:
Not really sure of aspirations, but there's Dr. Keith (former PNG Principle) and Brenda Goats Duhon (PNG 76'). Both qualified IMO.
Duhon's age might get her 59/60 no way 10 years left in her. Keith - don't know how old.

I cant remember the last Sup hired from within? Curl? Byrd? Creel?

bark

1,000+ Posts

PNG Proud said:
Dr, Keith is older than Duhon.
There you go most Educators retire by the rule of 80. Age + years service. Both of them, I believe, have been in education their entire careers soo 60 years old 35 years service = about 90% of pay. No brainer to retire

How old is Gonzales?

Anyone remember the last Supt hired from within???

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member

I hear Mr Gonzalez will be a good candidate

bark

1,000+ Posts
Hope everyone read the PA News and how our SB Pres and Brittian told the consultant her CRAZY recommendations will not be accepted!!!

EVERY TEACHER, PARENT AND EMPLOYEE SHOULD THANK THEM AND MOST IMPORTANTLY VOTE FOR THEM

please keep an eye on this DOI "stuff"

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Bark, please elaborate. I searched the PA News online edition and did not see an article re: PN-G. The online site has not been updated since Friday, May 12, the PA News Twitter account has not been updated since 2016, and the Beaumont Enterprise online edition had nothing posted re: PN-GISD. Thanks.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Sure, PNGISD applied and was accepted as a District of Innovation DOI. The Group the lady represents TAS? is a group that has a mission statement to cut budgets, jobs, increase class size etc... EVERYTHING teachers and concerned parents DO NOT WANT.

For those that work in industry equate it to Motiva telling the EPA/OSHA they will do everything correct do not check on them!!

A list of rules they don't have to abide by- I will list a few:
1. they can increase class size in Elem from no more that 23 students to 1 teacher to 30,35 40 students per teacher ( hence the ladys recommendation to eliminate 11 Elem teachers.

2. Use non certified people instead of State Certified Quality teachers @ 80% of the pay of Certified teachers

3. take teacher conference period away - now it is 450 minutes of planning every 10 days

4. Start/ finish when they want -- some Districts are starting last week of July. Think how that effects BB all stars/ church camp/ family vacation, etc...

5. Eliminate RNs and replace with LVNs - recommended to eliminate 9 RNs

6. Eliminate Degreed Librarians and replace with aides I think 9 Librarians too

7. TONs more of stuff that is NOT GOOD for your childs education -

8. replace 11 SPECIAL EDUCATION Teachers WITH FRICKIN AIDES - no college, no Certification, no experience REALLY!!
'
Look on the TCTA web site - if you are a concerned parent or educator in PNGISD PLEASE be informed for your children and educator rights.

SERIOUS STUFF!!!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Is that that the dumb all students down and get rid of quality teachers plan? Sounds like the type of things really low performing districts have in place.

That person needs to find a corporate job. They would fit right in with the rest of the soulless making such decisions to put a buck in a stockholders pocket.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Those recommendations are not in the best interest of PN-GISD or its students. Why in the world would PN-GISD turn away from college-educated certified teachers and use unqualified teaching aides? PN-GISD has a history of top notch educators and using the best professionals to care for its students, e.g., registered nurses, librarians with appropriate degrees, highly skilled, trained and educated special education providers, etc. I don't see PN-GISD ever implementing those crazy recommendations. HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION goes from top to bottom, it covers educators and students, and it extends to every employee of PN-GISD. The Indians have nearly 100 years of HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION and there is no need to lower the standards to save money. The taxpayers of PN-GISD have never minded paying taxes to support their schools and children...and the taxpayers have demanded the best from the ISD. No reason to change what works.

Go Indians. Peace.

Torino

500+ Posts

PNG Proud said:
Agree.

Torino

500+ Posts

bark said:
PNG Proud said:
Duhon's age might get her 59/60 no way 10 years left in her. Keith - don't know how old.

I cant remember the last Sup hired from within? Curl? Byrd? Creel?
Dr. Lani Randall was an internal hire. And a fine superintendent.

Torino

500+ Posts

bark said:
PNG Proud said:
Dr, Keith is older than Duhon.
There you go most Educators retire by the rule of 80. Age + years service. Both of them, I believe, have been in education their entire careers soo 60 years old 35 years service = about 90% of pay. No brainer to retire

How old is Gonzales?

Anyone remember the last Supt hired from within???
Disagree 100%. Why retire if you enjoy what you are doing? Duhon & Keith can still contribute!

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Those recommendations are not in the best interest of PN-GISD or its students. Why in the world would PN-GISD turn away from college-educated certified teachers and use unqualified teaching aides? PN-GISD has a history of top notch educators and using the best professionals to care for its students, e.g., registered nurses, librarians with appropriate degrees, highly skilled, trained and educated special education providers, etc. I don't see PN-GISD ever implementing those crazy recommendations. HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION goes from top to bottom, it covers educators and students, and it extends to every employee of PN-GISD. The Indians have nearly 100 years of HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION and there is no need to lower the standards to save money. The taxpayers of PN-GISD have never minded paying taxes to support their schools and children...and the taxpayers have demanded the best from the ISD. No reason to change what works.

Go Indians. Peace.
YES that was my point - Mccechern and Brittian BOTH disagreed with the consultant - we will need to watch the new Supt to see their view

Agree both Duhon and Kieth would be good I don't know about you but I am retiring ASAP

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
SCREW THAT> I live in PNGISD and will gladly pay more taxes to support our teachers and entire school system

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Anyone heard rumblings about PAISD and BISD moving to merge and consolidate all of the ISDs in Jefferson County into one large ISD? That would mean PAISD, NISD, PN-GISD, BISD, and H-FISD all merging to form a single ISD. What, if anything, could be done to prevent such a move? Can the voters of Port Neches and Groves reject such a move? I would hope so.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Incorporated cities and independent school districts should not have to answer to a county. Is this a current topic of discussion?

BISD and PAISD are both poorly managed and low performing. Why drag down the smaller, better performing districts?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Indian Fan - I'm not sure about the rumblings. A friend of mine who lives in Port Neches and had two kids graduate from PN-GISD within the past five years says the barbershop talk is rumbling about PAISD and BISD somehow moving the state to merge and consolidate the ISDs in Jefferson County. Because PAISD and BISD are not meeting state-mandated expectations, they want the state to merge all of the ISDs with the hope that the low performing schools will somehow be improved because they are merged with other ISDs. I have no idea if this is just old men chatting at the barbershop or if the rumblings have some inkling of truth? I would hope not. I would hope that PN-GISD could avoid being merged or consolidated with another ISD. Why mettle with PN-GISD when administrators, teachers, academic professionals, students, parents, and the taxpayers of Port Neches and Groves have spent nearly 100 years building HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION, which has resulted in a top-notch ISD? I don't understand it...it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. Hopefully a local will know more. Hopefully, it is barbershop talk and nothing more.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores