New Superintendent?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Too bad that the parents of the kids in those districts aren't more accountable. And too bad they don't hire the right people to administer the districts and teach the kids properly. In the case of BISD administration, they have been too busy embezzling funds and painting the name of a dishonest superintendent on their stadium wall. Leave the smaller districts alone! :flaming:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I have my ear to the ground every day around here and I haven't heard anything about this. Hopefully it's just scuttlebutt.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
So my opinion on this matter. First and foremost if PNGISD lets this happen. I will be moved away before the ink is dry on the paper. Secondly I do not believe that this great school district will allow that to happen. This SB we have right now is a good one. I cannot see it happening

bandkid

Staff member
1989NDN said:
Indian Fan - I'm not sure about the rumblings. A friend of mine who lives in Port Neches and had two kids graduate from PN-GISD within the past five years says the barbershop talk is rumbling about PAISD and BISD somehow moving the state to merge and consolidate the ISDs in Jefferson County. Because PAISD and BISD are not meeting state-mandated expectations, they want the state to merge all of the ISDs with the hope that the low performing schools will somehow be improved because they are merged with other ISDs. I have no idea if this is just old men chatting at the barbershop or if the rumblings have some inkling of truth? I would hope not. I would hope that PN-GISD could avoid being merged or consolidated with another ISD. Why mettle with PN-GISD when administrators, teachers, academic professionals, students, parents, and the taxpayers of Port Neches and Groves have spent nearly 100 years building HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION, which has resulted in a top-notch ISD? I don't understand it...it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. Hopefully a local will know more. Hopefully, it is barbershop talk and nothing more.

Go Indians. Peace.

I work for a prominent state official these days and can say confidently that there's nothing to be worried about on this point. The only districts facing consolidation issues right now are in Houston, and the consolidation part is over with.

VegasNDN

Regarding the merging of all schools to a County District....that's a HORRIBLE idea. Speaking from experience, having lived in Clark County (greater Las Vegas area) from 1990-2010, it's simply awful. When a district becomes this big, the children are merely a number and instead of teaching for higher education, they try to maintain attendance levels as that's how they are funded. No longer do the actual schools have a say in the amount of property taxes allocated as it all goes to one source. I will say that it was fun to have very low tax rates, but the kids come out of there being able to count to potato at best. The teachers are poorly paid and it's next to impossible to get the best educators as there's no money to adequately pay them their worth.

I don't live in the PNGISD area anymore, but did move back the the Great State and have enjoyed watching my girls excel in a district (Pearland) that genuinely cares about the future of the children. Do all you can to keep the current district intact and let the other failing models choose a different path.

Fairlane

100+ Posts
PN-G bamatex said:
1989NDN said:
Indian Fan - I'm not sure about the rumblings. A friend of mine who lives in Port Neches and had two kids graduate from PN-GISD within the past five years says the barbershop talk is rumbling about PAISD and BISD somehow moving the state to merge and consolidate the ISDs in Jefferson County. Because PAISD and BISD are not meeting state-mandated expectations, they want the state to merge all of the ISDs with the hope that the low performing schools will somehow be improved because they are merged with other ISDs. I have no idea if this is just old men chatting at the barbershop or if the rumblings have some inkling of truth? I would hope not. I would hope that PN-GISD could avoid being merged or consolidated with another ISD. Why mettle with PN-GISD when administrators, teachers, academic professionals, students, parents, and the taxpayers of Port Neches and Groves have spent nearly 100 years building HONOR, PRIDE and TRADITION, which has resulted in a top-notch ISD? I don't understand it...it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. Hopefully a local will know more. Hopefully, it is barbershop talk and nothing more.

Go Indians. Peace.

I work for a prominent state official these days and can say confidently that there's nothing to be worried about on this point. The only districts facing consolidation issues right now are in Houston, and the consolidation part is over with.

Fairlane

100+ Posts
NDNbyChoice said:
PN-G bamatex said:
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.

Agreed. Won't happen. The Education Code doesn't permit it, and there was no enabling legislation this Legislative session.
PN-G bamatex said:
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores