New UIL Rules???

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
A little bird told me that "noise makers" were no longer allowed at games. Can anyone confirm, or deny this for me? I'd sure like to NOT HEAR those Stephensville rattle cans this yr.at MCM.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Another example of an inappropriate tradition (Nederland's copying Stephenville's ball bearing drums).

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe unoriginal is a better word. That being said because the ball bearing filled propane bottles didn't exist until after 1999. Stephenville's 'can fans' were the source for that tradition.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Maybe unoriginal is a better word. That being said because the ball bearing filled propane bottles didn't exist until after 1999. Stephenville's 'can fans' were the source for that tradition.

OK...that makes sense.. thank you IndianFan

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
A little bird told me that "noise makers" were no longer allowed at games. Can anyone confirm, or deny this for me? I'd sure like to NOT HEAR those Stephensville rattle cans this yr.at MCM.

Hey Proud...

you're talking about at your place right?

squaw

1,000+ Posts
yankeedawg said:
squaw said:
Another example of an inappropriate tradition (Nederland's copying Stephenville's ball bearing drums).
what makes it inappropriate??
I'll probably be booed for giving my honest opinion, but here it is: (1) any mechanic noisemaker should not be allowed, and (2) why doesn't Nederland make a tradition of their own rather than copying Stephenville? JMHO. No insult is intended.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Well, I may be wrong here, but I think what is and is not allowed in the stadium is up to game administrator which is typically the athletic director or some other administrator from the host school/stadium.

They could say artificial noisemakers (horns, bells, whistles) are not allowed but they would also have to enforce. They could also make other rules regarding food, drink, umbrellas etc.

I have to make a comment!!! My seats were equal to the Indianettes. Last year I thought the cow bells were extremely LOUD and annoying, but, now I have to say, the cowbells were awesome, compared to the propane bottles and cans!! This is my 1st year to have seen/noticed the propane bottles. I am sitting higher than the Indianettes this year and honestly have to say, the cans/bottles are worse annoying than the cowbells. I'm all behind, let's make some noise.....with limitations !! Let's RUMBLE.......

How are they being able to come onto school property w/ 'propane' bottles? Couldnt they possibly be explosive or propane reminents leaking out of the bottles?

squaw said:
yankeedawg said:
squaw said:
what makes it inappropriate??
I'll probably be booed for giving my honest opinion, but here it is: (1) any mechanic noisemaker should not be allowed, and (2) why doesn't Nederland make a tradition of their own rather than copying Stephenville? JMHO. No insult is intended.

I remember back to the 1980's the Westernairs would use 'coffee cans' w/ beans or rocks in them to make noise. They were NOT near as LOUD and annoying as the propane bottles!!!

My comment/opinion will probably not be favored by others, but, I'm being honest on the annoyance and am sorry for upsetting anyone!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
We agree, PurplePrideBandRulz! I guess I may be spoiled by being a PNG fan because I think that your fans should be making noises and NOT mechanical things like ball bearings, air horns, cow bells, etc. I also feel that it's rude to blow a horn or a bell into another fan's ears. I was led to believe that it's against UIL rules, but not enforced. I have to admit that my voice carries (from years of teaching school) and I make plenty of noise without mechanical means. Also, what's up with Nederland? Can't they start a tradition of their own? I'd hate to think we copied anyone else--one of the reasons I'm not a fan of the Tomahawk Chop. All this is just my opinion and not intended to offend anyone. I really DO like YankeeDawg (but I do want to beat the Dogs this week and anytime we play them@!) :laugh:

OldEagle

500+ Posts
I agree with you Squaw about the tomahawk chop. Why do we need to copy another team's tradition? Plus I keep picturing Ted Turner and Jane Fonda doing the chop for the Atlanta Braves.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores