Next Week: LaPorte Bulldogs

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Good find Tony79...thanks for sharing. LaPorte's going to run, run, and run some more. PN-G will need to contain the edges and tackle well. Go Indians!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
LaPorte's running backs are going to be tough to handle.

It’s great to see backs run with a low pad level. So much more difficult to bring down. ;)

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
They blitz the two outside backers on almost every single play. The secondary looks pretty open every play. I know its a different team and they may approach us differently, but Bailey could have a field day if needed. They have a good sized line on the O a little small on the D. We will need blitz busters if they play us the same way. Can they stop our running game? If so then Bailey should have open receivers most of the night. Deer Park had open receivers most of the game. LP non-stop blitzing left man on man in the secondary most of the game. To an amateur like me it looks like LP tries to force everything into the middle of the field. Good line play could wear out the D late in the game. They also committed some dumb penalties. A couple of turnovers. The passing game from LP looked mediocre for most passing plays. I am sure our coaches are aware of this. They remind me of Texas City or Huntsville on offense. Not so much on defense. They should present a tough game for us. Big team with plenty of talent. PNG will need a clean game and protect the ball.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
A small research I found that LaPortes NG is 6'2" 280, R DE is 6"2" 210, and left DE looks like he is 230 on limited info. They do have a couple of decent sized Lbs. They look to stuff up the middle and force the offense into the middle leaving one on one outside. Looked like they sent 5 on almost every play when on D. Sometimes even more. Screens, passes down field worked pretty well for Deer Park. If their QB hit more of his open receivers the score would have been lopsided. Deer Parks O line is big and so is LaPorte's.

100+ Posts
They blitz the two outside backers on almost every single play. The secondary looks pretty open every play. I know its a different team and they may approach us differently, but Bailey could have a field day if needed. They have a good sized line on the O a little small on the D. We will need blitz busters if they play us the same way. Can they stop our running game? If so then Bailey should have open receivers most of the night. Deer Park had open receivers most of the game. LP non-stop blitzing left man on man in the secondary most of the game. To an amateur like me it looks like LP tries to force everything into the middle of the field. Good line play could wear out the D late in the game. They also committed some dumb penalties. A couple of turnovers. The passing game from LP looked mediocre for most passing plays. I am sure our coaches are aware of this. They remind me of Texas City or Huntsville on offense. Not so much on defense. They should present a tough game for us. Big team with plenty of talent. PNG will need a clean game and protect the ball.
They do indeed remind me of Texas City teams from the past couple of years, as good as or perhaps a bit better than Texas City. TC always played us a good game, but the past two seasons their late 4th Qtr personal fouls took their own selves out of the game(s), really, which was fortunate for us.
I'm really hoping our coaches can keep the teams' head on straight. I'm ready to get this first home game of the season behind us. (Geez, I've really got the jitters.)

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I think not only will we dominate LP
I think we would beat Deer Park
Hey I’ve been wrong before but we do well with offenses based on misdirection.

4-0-Niner

Also, we have already proven we can handle the Wing-T, at least on previous occasions. Not saying that their RB's aren't talented, but those stats may be a little inflated by the situation. I believe their coach only has 1 or 2 seasons at LaPorte, so if the played in a division that hasn't yet adapted or prepared I could see lots of big runs with all the misdirection the Wing-T provides. Watching the Deer Park games, seems like he isn't afraid to call some pretty unusual plays, like the screen pass flea flicker bootleg? Don't beat me up on the jargon, lol. Also think I saw some LB dropping into cover 3 while sending both safeties. Not anything unheard of, just in my opinion things not typically seen often in high school. All I am getting at is those things can be high risk/ high reward playing normal district ball, but history thus far has shown they don't tend to work well against us. Our coaches do a great job of preparing our boys for odd looks.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Also, we have already proven we can handle the Wing-T, at least on previous occasions. Not saying that their RB's aren't talented, but those stats may be a little inflated by the situation. I believe their coach only has 1 or 2 seasons at LaPorte, so if the played in a division that hasn't yet adapted or prepared I could see lots of big runs with all the misdirection the Wing-T provides. Watching the Deer Park games, seems like he isn't afraid to call some pretty unusual plays, like the screen pass flea flicker bootleg? Don't beat me up on the jargon, lol. Also think I saw some LB dropping into cover 3 while sending both safeties. Not anything unheard of, just in my opinion things not typically seen often in high school. All I am getting at is those things can be high risk/ high reward playing normal district ball, but history thus far has shown they don't tend to work well against us. Our coaches do a great job of preparing our boys for odd looks.
100%
I got the “high risk” gameplay from both LP and DP
It’s the default and very difficult to win consistently
You might call it the “puncher’s chance” game plan I’m sure it pays off sometimes when playing larger 6A schools (LP WAS 6A for a while) but lately 5A1 with PAm
It’s hard to be a fan of those high risk gameplan teams
(And yet they won’t go for it on 4th and short haha) which statistics show is a definite advantage) (especially against a potent offense)

88NDNFAN

LaPorte is a well coached team with very discipline players. they will not beat themselves. PNG will have to ressive on defenses an opportunist on offense. This possession game favororing PNG but doy halis game will probably be a

88NDNFAN

LaPorte is a well coached team with very discipline players. they will not beat themselves. PNG will have to ressive on defenses an opportunist on offense. This possession game favororing PNG but doy halis game will probably be a

88NDNFAN

My computer was messing up but as saying LaPorte is very well coached and discipline from the film I saw. This will not be a pull starters before half game. I still think PNG wins by 14 but pulls away late. This is just the game they need before district in 2 weeks and hopefully we sling it around a lot. I am still suspect of the running game as the sophomore looks to be the the best option as starting tailback. Again not a coach but do watch a lot.

4-0-Niner

It will be interesting to see how that stud TE of theirs matches up against Wuenschel and Hernandez. Seems like it is the TE's job to make that reach block to set the edge on alot of their toss plays. That young man is going to have to earn his keep today.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
i think
(I’m such an “impression” FB watcher haha)
It SEEMS as if
15 (not attempting the spelling)
Is just running tentatively right now
Super fast super tough all the great skills
It’s just gotten in his head (might be the fumbles first week and vs Lake Creek that put the game in jeopardy not sure)
But he only needs to get that out of his head and run downhill - after you give up the home run the minute the ball goes out of sight —
Next batter next pitch
Fantastic RB some games last year he was our best option even over 33
Yes hold on to the ball but make them miss NS
There’s a teaspoon of Hershel Walker right now in his Cowboys days a little tentative when there’s not an obvious hole.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores