Next years offense

twrpng

100+ Posts
Here's what I see happening tell me what ya think , move Preston H to slot move Preston R to wide out, move Camron S to wide out , move Gavin D and Holden L to back field with # 23 in the mix and of course RJ AT QB .. Will this work , Camron S will need to be replaced as safety on D

RoschonsBigBro

Sounds Right. Stanzbury had no business on D. Way too timid a tackler. He did have good hands and could run so that will be good. As long as the rbs can hold up and Shug doesnt have to run 40x a game I think that is fine.

twrpng

100+ Posts
Preston H is built more for slot then running back and Gavin is built more for taking hits so in my opinion this wud be the way to go , Riggs at wide out would be the deep threat plus Camron would also be help a receiver, we need to keep RJ From taking to to many hits next year

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
When Hughes was healthy he was a quick, shifty, hard nosed runner. A great fit for the Read Option attack that RJ is so effective running. And he had the speed to break the long run.

Watching the few plays that Deslatte ran, he looks like more of a straight ahead, north south type of runner. But he or one of the other, bigger backs like Lane or Hebert might be very effective. Another year of growth and development can make a big difference with every player. Options for effective RBs would be a nice problem to have.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Do we have any small, quick, slot receivers in the pipeline? Coach Faircloth's scheme in the passing game really does well when we have an Amir Jalali (spelling?) or Caleb Sparks in the slot WR role. A quick kid that can take a short swing pass to the end zone? Seems our passing game hits another gear when we have big kids at the outside WR spots and a quick slot WR. I do like hearing about the depth we'll have in the backfield. I agree with Indian Fan, we need to have a big back to get the tough yards when we need to grind out a few wins.

How about the defense? I know we have a lot coming back, but there are big shoes to fill: #22 and #3.

Go Indians. Peace.

Png5449

Hughes did a great job going in as RB he stepped in and got it done. The kid is very fast and a hard nose runner. Talked to him at the Gym he stretched his ligament at the MCM game. He will be our slot WR.The kid will be our next Caleb sparks. Should be another great season.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores