NO. 19 PNG TOPS LUMBERTON

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Published 11:56 pm Tuesday, March 7, 2017
PANews.com
PORT NECHES — All of the scoring between Port Neches-Groves and Lumberton occurred in the first quarter.
Mia Delgadillo scored with 4 minutes to go before halftime to put PNG in front, and the first-place Indians, who were just ranked No. 19 in 5A by the Texas Girls Coaches Association, held on to beat second-place Lumberton 2-1 in a crucial District 22-5A soccer showdown.

Coach Aimee Bates said the Indians (17-2-1, 10-2 in 22-5A, 32 points) played smarter and slower on the attack in the second half, utilizing their defense to come up with the win. Lumberton (28 points) had scored first, 4 minutes into the match, off a long throw-in.

Grace Seymour fired the equalizer from 35-yards out in the 24th minute.
PNG will face Central at 5 p.m. Friday at the Thomas Center.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The Lady Indians say, "not anymore...that Raider undefeated district season is gone...thanks to PN-G!"

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores