Non-District Schedule

Davidp43

100+ Posts
With the 3, id like to see Galveston Ball
PAM
and like a bigger 6A Houston area school that would challenge like Channelview

99NDN99

Given the amount of travel in district I think you have to keep it local. PAM, United, West Brook, maybe a Baytown school.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Wow. Texas City, Santa Fe, Galena Park would have made sense to include.

A Dallas team in the same region as Houston area teams? How is that even logical?
Its quite logical from the UIL's perspective--"let's get as many teams from Dallas playing in December as we possibly can."

Also, the UIL takes the 3 best teams from Region 3 and throws them into the SAME district in Region 2--yeah, perfectly logical.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G's district will be a slugfest with Huntsville and Montgomery Lake Creek. Huntsville returns a ton of kids, they're big, fast, and growing up. Montgomery Lake Creek returns several kids, too, including the QB and RB.

PN-G v. Hunstsville, PN-G v. MLC, and Huntsville v. MLC should all be second or third round playoff games. Nope. Just a regular district game in 5A, DII, Region 2, District 8. The key for PN-G will be STAY HEALTHY.

90NDN

500+ Posts
IMO, with all of the constantly changing enrollments, it's becoming harder and harder to have districts that make sense geographically speaking. When I first started school, the district was much more reasonable with all local schools....but with schools some schools dropping and others moving up/merged and the introduction of 5AD1 and 5AD2, it has become increasingly harder to do that. I can't say that the UIL wants to make it easier for the Dallas area schools for a fact, but from a money making perspective, that would make the most sense (assuming the assumption is that the games will always be held @AT&T stadium) since it's easier to travel (less money to go to the game overall). That being said, some of what was done does look very suspicious, but I'll doubt we will ever get to see why this and that was done.

Bottom line is there just happens to be a lot of good 5AD2 schools in the SETX vacinity, so it is what it is. It will be a gauntlet, but nothing is ever for free and will only make us battle tested making our way through the playoffs.

PS the head scratcher is why we got pushed from region 3 to region 2. Reality is there are some schools from WACO area in region 3 now...they should really be in region 2 with us back in region 3. So from that standpoint, this does seem suspicious.

Last edited:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Realignment craziness. It is what it is. As Chief Joseph and DC McDaniel say: Put the ball down!

PN-G ---> stay healthy, be physical, get after it in the trenches, and make some plays. Get one or two scores ahead and then squeeze the clock. That strategy has produced a record of 28-4, one state championship trophy, and one runner-up trophy. Let's do it again in 2024. Go Indians.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
IMO, with all of the constantly changing enrollments, it's becoming harder and harder to have districts that make sense geographically speaking. When I first started school, the district was much more reasonable with all local schools....but with schools some schools dropping and others moving up/merged and the introduction of 5AD1 and 5AD2, it has become increasingly harder to do that. I can't say that the UIL wants to make it easier for the Dallas area schools for a fact, but from a money making perspective, that would make the most sense (assuming the assumption is that the games will always be held @AT&T stadium) since it's easier to travel (less money to go to the game overall). That being said, some of what was done does look very suspicious, but I'll doubt we will ever get to see why this and that was done.

Bottom line is there just happens to be a lot of good 5AD2 schools in the SETX vacinity, so it is what it is. It will be a gauntlet, but nothing is ever for free and will only make us battle tested making our way through the playoffs.

PS the head scratcher is why we got pushed from region 3 to region 2. Reality is there are some schools from WACO area in region 3 now...they should really be in region 2 with us back in region 3. So from that standpoint, this does seem suspicious.

It has definitely become harder to come up with districts that make sense geographically, but that's not the problem I have with this realignment. The district itself may be a bit tougher, but it is not that much worse than the old one geographically. However, putting that district in region 2 is absurd. All you would have to do is to flip district 11 and district 8 and the realignment would make much more sense geographically.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I didn't know Galena Park was 5A D1 which i think the reason why Lee went to other district. I was shocked about region 2. Districts 8 & 10 should be swapped wacos & Killeen are closer to Dallas area than we are

A swap of district 8 and 11 would also make much more sense.

bandkid

Staff member
Methinks the UIL doesn’t want a SOC vs. PN-G rematch in the state championship for the third consecutive year, and corralling most of the state’s 5ADII powerhouses in one region is designed to give Liberty Hill, Lovejoy and the Valley schools a better shot at the big dance.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that Lovejoy is 35 miles from Dallas ISD schools, and PN-G is 300 miles away from Dallas, yet Lovejoy is placed in a weak region that includes El Paso while PN-G is placed in a region filled with North Texas schools says it all.

And BTW, Dayton, New Caney, Montgomery schools and Splendora got the shaft too as far as alignment. All Houston area.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Methinks the UIL doesn’t want a SOC vs. PN-G rematch in the state championship for the third consecutive year, and corralling most of the state’s 5ADII powerhouses in one region is designed to give Liberty Hill, Lovejoy and the Valley schools a better shot at the big dance.

Agree about PNG/SOC and the part about LH and the Valley schools. but Lovejoy is in the same half of the bracket as most of the other powerhouses so the realignment will not do much to help them get to the big dance. Although the region is weak, their district is a gauntlet and they will likely have to beat a powerhouse from their own district in the regional final as well as a powerhouse from region 2 in the semifinal.

Last edited:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (0-0)
at
Klein Oak Panthers (0-0)

Friday, Aug. 30, 7:00PM

Klein Memorial Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores