Not Loud Enough

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Actually, in yrs. past, I felt bad for the football team at times, because of the mass exodus right after half-time. And no, these weren't parents with little kids, these were "Indianette Moms" and "Band dads". Although, I haven't seen it so bad yet this yr., it has ALWAYS happened in the past.

Let's face it. Some parents come for one thing only, to see their little angel perform, be it band, Indianette, football player, or G-Crew. And some parents just don't really care about anyone or anything else. That's a fact of life folks.

I've got a question for the band folks though, why doesn't the band play any songs (other than Cherokee) in the stands anymore? We used to always play songs, starting in the 4th qtr. Sometimes it would be nice to hear a song or 2.

bandkid

Staff member
PNG Proud said:
Actually, in yrs. past, I felt bad for the football team at times, because of the mass exodus right after half-time. And no, these weren't parents with little kids, these were "Indianette Moms" and "Band dads". Although, I haven't seen it so bad yet this yr., it has ALWAYS happened in the past.

Let's face it. Some parents come for one thing only, to see their little angel perform, be it band, Indianette, football player, or G-Crew. And some parents just don't really care about anyone or anything else. That's a fact of life folks.

I've got a question for the band folks though, why doesn't the band play any songs (other than Cherokee) in the stands anymore? We used to always play songs, starting in the 4th qtr. Sometimes it would be nice to hear a song or 2.

We do. There's War Chant, Geronimo's Fury, and then there are the "pop tunes," which are songs that are generally recognizable, such as Old Time Rock-N-Roll, Hot, Hot, Hot, and Green Onions. You didn't hear anything besides Cherokee and the two pop tunes selected by the Indianettes and twirlers (Green Onions and Everybody Dance Now) because that's all that we had worked on this year up until that point. Starting this week, we're working on two more pop tunes (Ain't No Other Man and Soulfinger), as well as War Chant and Geronimo's Fury. As the season continues, you'll see us add more pop tunes to our repertoire, as well as more movements from Fire & Ice to our marching show.

ndntrueblue

:crazy: I have had season tickets for many many years and I do not get you people with the band parents leaving after half time, the majority of band parents are there until the end after the football parents have ran from the stands at the 0:00 clock, while if any of you would have stayed around to notice the band parents listen to their children, grandchildren, etc play Cherokee for the football team whether we win or lose the game then that is usually followed by their contest music which some of you (SQUAW) have no interest what so ever. I know there is alot of support for the band and it is very much appreciated, but more than once last year fans would get irate when the football team would play something other than Cherokee especially when we were losing the game :thud: In some odd way I think those select few thought the game was lost because of the band :faint: Just flipping crazy. The members of our band are very talented individuals who come together, work their butts off with very little recognition. Did anyone here any of the Seniors in the band announced at the fire it up pep rally???? Just wondering, maybe it just wasn't said loud enough! :whiteflag:

ndntrueblue said:
:crazy: I have had season tickets for many many years and I do not get you people with the band parents leaving after half time, the majority of band parents are there until the end after the football parents have ran from the stands at the 0:00 clock, while if any of you would have stayed around to notice the band parents listen to their children, grandchildren, etc play Cherokee for the football team whether we win or lose the game then that is usually followed by their contest music which some of you (SQUAW) have no interest what so ever. I know there is alot of support for the band and it is very much appreciated, but more than once last year fans would get irate when the football team would play something other than Cherokee especially when we were losing the game :thud: In some odd way I think those select few thought the game was lost because of the band :faint: Just flipping crazy. The members of our band are very talented individuals who come together, work their butts off with very little recognition. Did anyone here any of the Seniors in the band announced at the fire it up pep rally???? Just wondering, maybe it just wasn't said loud enough! :whiteflag:

Thank you !! Very well stated !! No, our band kids are never announced/recognized for any of their accomplishments! They did announce the Drum Majors at the Fired Up Pep Rally. The only time the Seniors will be recognized will be at the Parent Night.

As I've stated several times today on this message board, how discouraged and heartbroken would these band members feel if they were to read all the ugly negative comments and complaints in regards to their band by the fans!

N

NDNPARENT

the band is playing loud enough , walk over to the other sideline and you will hear them plenty, and know that hte players and coaches do hear it loud. The problem is the new stadium , the underneath is all covered up therefore the sound is muffulled out , there is no more holes where your feet are to let the sound travel around , the metal that covers up the holes is a sound barrier and it travels out to the field and other sideline.

But a true INDIAN fan always stand up and clap when the team come out of the teepee, score, great defensive play etc, So if you are a true INDIAN fan then you do not need to hear the band play to get uu and start the clapping! GO INDIANS!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores