Pecan Parade Miscommunication

bandkid

Staff member
As many of you have probably seen, the advertisements for tomorrow's Pecan Parade state that the band will be playing at the pavilion at Lion's Park in Groves after the parade is over. This information is incorrect. As it turns out, there was a miscommunication between the band directors and the officials involved with the Pecan Festival. The officials assumed that the band would be playing at the pavilion after the parade when our band directors were under the impression that the parade would be the full extent of the band's involvement. Unfortunately, the miscommunication was uncovered too recently and there wasn't sufficient time for us to prepare for a "mini-concert" at the Pecan Festival. As a result, the band will not be playing at the festival after the parade tomorrow.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Mini-concert? Preparation? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or ugly ... how about playing the music from the 2009 halftime show, the national anthem, the PN-G school song, the fight song a couple of times, and call it day? The kids know the music. They will be onsite after the parade. Then, they can put those instruments down, grab some food, ride the amusement rides, and meet and greet with the good people of Groves (and the visitors from Port Neches, Nederland, and Port Arthur). Well, maybe next year.

Go Indians. Peace.

bandkid

Staff member
1989NDN said:
Mini-concert? Preparation? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or ugly ... how about playing the music from the 2009 halftime show, the national anthem, the PN-G school song, the fight song a couple of times, and call it day? The kids know the music. They will be onsite after the parade. Then, they can put those instruments down, grab some food, ride the amusement rides, and meet and greet with the good people of Groves (and the visitors from Port Neches, Nederland, and Port Arthur). Well, maybe next year.

Go Indians. Peace.

In the past when this has been done, an assortment of pop tunes has been played, and it has taken a great deal of preparation. We likely will be ready next year, though.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores