Phil Danaher

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Being an administrator helps bump the salary. A review of area schools with an athletic director who does not coach football reveals the athletic director at every school is paid higher than the head football coach.

That benefits football coaches who double as athletic directors. Danaher, for example, handles both jobs.

"Mostly, it's experience," said Patrick Romero, deputy superintendent at Calallen Independent School District. "Success comes into it, but mostly it's his years in education and his years here.

"(The salary) is similar to teachers with (the same) experience, except not only is he a football coach, but he's an athletic director as well. It's probably pretty close (to the salaries paid administrators), and he has his master's."
http://www.caller.com/news/2006/oct/29/hs-football-coaches-how-much-do-they-make/

More Articles
http://www.caller.com/search/?q=danaher&sortby=date&sources=site&image.x=17&image.y=6

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Sounds like he isn't 100% commited in leaving Calallen, or he just trying to get more money.

http://www.kristv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=3380286&h1=Calallen%20Football%20Coach%20May%20Take%20New%20Job%20In%20New%20City&vt1=v&at1=Sport&d1=38167&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=55158088

allstarmom

100+ Posts
Give me a break! What did you think he was going to say? "I am ready to leave this place and will do so just as soon as the first district gives me a chance?" I don't know the man or anything about him, but I know I wouldn't be too quick to burn any bridges until the one in front of me was complete!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
allstarmom said:
Give me a break! What did you think he was going to say? "I am ready to leave this place and will do so just as soon as the first district gives me a chance?" I don't know the man or anything about him, but I know I wouldn't be too quick to burn any bridges until the one in front of me was complete!
Amen! I'm still praying he wants to come here and be a "hero" to our hugh fan base while winning state championships.

Gumbeaux

I would think he would come in, interview with the committee...See offseason (take a look at the boys) and the facilities....

Head back to CC and give a yes or no by the weekend if he wants it....

If not....The next 3 or 4 applicants move up and let the fun begin.....

Smurf

I agree gumbeaux. I would have never imagined the fan base and community spirit until i moved here. He needs to feel the community excitement when he comes!

Gumbeaux

It would be crazy if everyone knew when he was going to be here...Walk him through the dressing facility, out the back door....And walk out to 5K fans, the band bumping cherokee and a few memebers of the State Championship team to meet him at the 50 yard line....Have some clips on the jumbo-tron of past big games in the Astrodome etc....

How crazy would that be!

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
squaw said:
Smurf said:
Start making some calls.It could happen!
I'm calling and volunteering for the "Fan-tastic Coach Hunt Parade".

Man I wish I could join you squaw. I want to talk with Danaher myself and get him into our tribe. Too bad I'm in houston...Squaw, you are going to have to pick up the slack for me. Also, IndianFan is going to need you to pick up the slack since he lives over here as well...

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Oh, what I'd give to have 5 minutes with Danaher. When a PA police officer said to me "I don't get it. I was in PN today and its called 'God's Country' and I just didn't see it." My reply was "Purple pride is not something you can see. It is a feeling deep within us that has to be experienced to learn." I was not raised here and had never, ever felt what I've felt and experienced since I've lived here. I will die here, also. I know why people from here who now live all around the world still have these feelings. You may not live here, but you are still Indians and no one can ever take that away. Our son played on the 1975 state championship team and we still attend all PNG games and the spark is still there. Maybe that is why sometimes I get a little upset if I think some younger fans are unknowingly changing some of our traditions. This town is not as beautiful as it should be and we don't have a hugh tax base, but I hope Danaher (or whomever) can see beyond these things and recognize that what we have here is so special that I'm having a hard time describing it--especially to outsiders. Now we are looking for a "special" coach.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
I know our boys should him what PNG is all about at school today. PRIDE, HONOR, TRADITION

Let the countdown begin.. The interview starts in 1 hour and 2 minutes...

Wildcat_Fan

You all will be very happy with Coach Danaher if he chooses to leave us. He knows how to win, and he knows how to handle a voracious fan base. And if he does choose to coach at PNG, then I will become an instant Indian fan. Good luck...to both of our schools.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores