Phil Danaher

BWS

badndn said:
Not trying to bash Phill Danaher, I have never met the man, but I was told by people in the know that he really wanted the job. So when he traveled 5 hours to spend the day in the interview process I assumed that it was legit, but when I read his comments after the fact it looked like he really never was interested and that is a waste of our time and money! The "my heart is not for sale" comment is what erks me.

When Vance withdrew I respected that decision, but probably because I never was led to believe what his real intentions were regarding PNG. I guess what I am saying is that Phill obviously had his mind made up before he got here so why the wasted time and effort? I am probably more frustrated with the folks that lured him into this process and gave some of us false hope! If he wants to stay at CCC I respect and understand that 100%.

Let's move on. Faircloth?

Mr. Danaher did not drive 5 hours to tour a school, meet with the interview committee to tell them he is withdrawing his application, then drive 5 hours back home. A phone call would have taken care of this. Try for one second to consider the fact that during his visit he decided that the Port Neches Program wasn't as appealing as he thought it would be. I think a little "self inspection" might reveal that PNG is not quite as appealing to outsiders as we think it is.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone was excited at the thought of Danaher accepting an offer and are understandably disappointed. PN-G and Calallen are both great situations. No reason for anyone to get upset and criticize either school or Coach Danaher. It says a lot that he even considered but I would have been very surprised if he left such an established situation. All will be fine and it may be best for PN-G that a younger coach comes in that can possibly start his own 25 year dynasty.

BWS

IndianFan said:
It's too bad. I read that Danaher has two longtime assistants at Calallen that he attributes much of his success over the past 20+ years. Maybe some discussions about options with the coaching staff was part of the decision to stay at CCC.

I didn't see this comment from you earlier. You are correct. Danaher had a meeting with three of his assistants this week about the job. All three said they were too entrenched in property and family to be able to move, so Danaher would have inherited the staff in place. And the issues in my previous message explain the rest...

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores