Philip Klein's Take On PN-G Job Situation

squaw

1,000+ Posts
bandkid said:
tribesman said:
Here's my take on the situation (for what it's worth)... I have experienced in the past that nothing irks the media more than someone trying to buck them on an FOI request. This really seems to push their buttons. Now I feel that this is turning into more of a pi$$ing match than anything else. Many people are curious as to whose names are on that list, I am one of the curious. But, I have to feel that there is a rhyme or reason to this madness. I also feel that if we as Indian fans are patient, then we will get a better coach because of it. I think we will learn in the near future why the Board chose to " go this route". I know that it is never a good idea to "take the law into your own hands", so to speak, but all that I care about as an Indian is getting the best possible coach to bring this program to an elite level. In no way is this a dig at Coop or any media members that post here, it's just one unimportant opinion.
Being in the band means you're still young. That makes me sad. Do they not teach ethics in school anymore? How are students supposed to learn that laws are made for a reason and certain groups are not exempt?

I disagree. I think the opinions important, and completely agree.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
tribesman said:
Here's my take on the situation (for what it's worth)... I have experienced in the past that nothing irks the media more than someone trying to buck them on an FOI request. This really seems to push their buttons. Now I feel that this is turning into more of a pi$$ing match than anything else. Many people are curious as to whose names are on that list, I am one of the curious. But, I have to feel that there is a rhyme or reason to this madness. I also feel that if we as Indian fans are patient, then we will get a better coach because of it. I think we will learn in the near future why the Board chose to " go this route". I know that it is never a good idea to "take the law into your own hands", so to speak, but all that I care about as an Indian is getting the best possible coach to bring this program to an elite level. In no way is this a dig at Coop or any media members that post here, it's just one unimportant opinion.

You hit the nail on the head.

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
tribesman said:

Yes, finally someone who gets it. Great Post!

Smurf

bandkid said:
tribesman said:

I hope you're joking. If not...go find a site for ex-band members. I'm sure this will elicit some exciting discussions.

NONS81

Smurf said:
bandkid said:
tribesman said:

I hope you're joking. If not...go find a site for ex-band members. I'm sure this will elicit some exciting discussions.

Could you please stop telling people to find other sites to post on?

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
For those of you who have not yet grasped it, and to Coop's chagrin, the school board has not broken any law. Please get this through all of your skulls. The media buzzards exercised their right to request the list, and the school board exercised their right to seek at AG's opinion. The media is just going to have to hold their wad until, the AG makes his opinion. As far as I care, the media can take a dirt nap. They will only feed you the information that will make you side with them. You can see this when they didn't give you all of the information regarding the FOI. The process is being followed correctly, and the Coops and Jerry Jordan are just going to have to shove it and wait! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

NONS81

pngfan93 said:
For those of you who have not yet grasped it, and to Coop's chagrin, the school board has not broken any law. Please get this through all of your skulls. The media buzzards exercised their right to request the list, and the school board exercised their right to seek at AG's opinion. The media is just going to have to hold their wad until, the AG makes his opinion. As far as I care, the media can take a dirt nap. They will only feed you the information that will make you side with them. You can see this when they didn't give you all of the information regarding the FOI. The process is being followed correctly, and the Coops and Jerry Jordan are just going to have to shove it and wait! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I have to agree with this to a point regarding the media(no offense Coop) - as in there was no follow-up on the voting twice issue (an innocent verdict by the way) that was not reported. And yet another waste of our money, not to mention the judges time.

bandkid

Staff member
Smurf said:
bandkid said:
tribesman said:

I said that tribeman's opinion is important because I believe that all opinions are important and should be considered in any decision-making process. I do agree with this one, but that is secondary to my true value for the opinions of others.

By the way, "ex-band members"?

squaw said:
bandkid said:
tribesman said:

Being in the band means you're still young. That makes me sad. Do they not teach ethics in school anymore? How are students supposed to learn that laws are made for a reason and certain groups are not exempt?

squaw, I understand that you may disagree with the ethics of this decision, but so far, technically, there have been no violations of the law. The media exercised their right by requesting information. The school board exercised their right by requesting an opinion from the Texas State Attorney General's office.

I firmly believe that no group is above the law. No school board, no media organization, nobody, but none of the parties involved have violated the law in any way, form, or fashion. The tactics are arguable, but there are valid, ethical reasons on both sides. I do believe that the media wishes to provide the information to an eager, proud group of indian fans who want nothing but the best for our school district and our football team. Who can blame them? I'd love to see the list as well. However, I have no doubt that the school board and the administration are stalling for a good reason. I see no reason why they would not want to hire the best candidate as well, and, bearing that in mind, believe that they are acting in the best interest of our district by stalling the FOI process.

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
bandkid said:
squaw, I understand that you may disagree with the ethics of this decision, but so far, technically, there have been no violations of the law. The media exercised their right by requesting information. The school board exercised their right by requesting an opinion from the Texas State Attorney General's office.

I firmly believe that no group is above the law. No school board, no media organization, nobody. None of the parties involved have violated the law in any way, form, or fashion. The tactics are arguable, but there are valid, ethical reasons on both sides. I do believe that the media wishes to provide the information to an eager, proud group of indian fans who want nothing but the best for our school district and our football team. Who can blame them? Id love to see the list as well. However, I have no doubt that the school board and the administration are stalling for a good reason. I see no reason why they would not want to hire the best candidate as well, and, bearing that in mind, believe that they are acting in the best interest of our district by stalling the FOI process.

And again, bandkid hits the nail on the head. :woohoo:

pngfan30

i know philip klein and he is an idiot, anyone that would listen to anything or any opinion he says or gives is wasting their time

squaw

1,000+ Posts
pngfan30 said:
i know philip klein and he is an idiot, anyone that would listen to anything or any opinion he says or gives is wasting their time
He's got more intelligence than you're giving him credit for. Anyone who gets to spend an hour on Dateline NBC chasing someone into Mexico, etc., has to be doing something right. How he got his name into the national arena I don't know. He was on Dateline last night.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

squaw said:
pngfan30 said:
He's got more intelligence than you're giving him credit for. Anyone who gets to spend an hour on Dateline NBC chasing someone into Mexico, etc., has to be doing something right. How he got his name into the national arena I don't know. He was on Dateline last night.
I really have to think that PK is an idiot, he is chasing a guy around Mexico after leaving Olivia Newton John high and dry. Maybe PK needs to look under her bed for this guy. Come to think about it the guy he is chasing has got to be an idiot also for jumping out on ONJ, well you know what they say "birds of a feather"

modmouse78

100+ Posts
squaw said:
pngfan30 said:

Oh yeah, he went from owning his own businesses, to having to chase someone around Mexico to make money. (and not by choice) Sounds intelligent to me.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
modmouse78 said:
squaw said:
pngfan30 said:

Oh yeah, he went from owning his own businesses, to having to chase someone around Mexico to make money. (and not by choice) Sounds intelligent to me.
What do you mean by "not at his choice?"

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores