PN-G at Beaumont United 9/2-Week-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
I didn't see a thread for this week's game.

Hopefully PN-G turns it around this week in Beaumont.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Mr. BG - What are Beaumont United's strengths? Weakness? Where can PN-G take advantage of BU? What's the low down on BU? PAM...strong, athletic, and good. I have no idea how the DC for Port Arthur is not a HC? He gets his kids around the football. Good schemes and speed at all three levels of the defense. He puts his kids in position to make stops.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
We have alot of work to do, I do believe we will see some improvements. I'm convinced we do have the pieces to be an above average team in 5A Dll,

Mr. Buddy Garrity

#TitanNation #TitanTempo Twitter: @MrBuddyGarrity
Mr. BG - What are Beaumont United's strengths? Weakness? Where can PN-G take advantage of BU? What's the low down on BU? PAM...strong, athletic, and good. I have no idea how the DC for Port Arthur is not a HC? He gets his kids around the football. Good schemes and speed at all three levels of the defense. He puts his kids in position to make stops.
I haven't seen them. Just from what I'm told they're soft in the trenches. They have some skill position guys that are good. The QB is in his 3rd year on varsity, 2nd year starting and is very strong, he did very well in powerlifting meets last school year.

Was also told this but it was very strange: apparently they have a short RB that's very big and quick. I say it's strange because he sure wasn't on the field as a factor last season when we played them.

I know they had to replace most of their secondary from last season including the stud CB who signed with Duke.

Also: the team BU lost to last week (Brazoswood) HC happens to be an old Png assistant coach.

Personally I think yall will be able to run downhill if need be, at times yall did it to us last Friday. Playaction will be key, just have to catch the ball. We were a little confused by the playaction last Friday also. I'd go a little uptempo on offense versus United, traditionally they have never handled it well.

I really want to see how the freshmen games go between yall and BU, not so much the JV. Both teams are under a new regime now so it'll be interesting how fast alot of those kids pick up the new schemes to be able to contribute next season on varsity.

As far as our DC here in PA: I talk to him from time to time, he absolutely loves it here, but I've told him his time is coming soon to be a HC somewhere.

Last edited:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PA is hard on Morgan and his staff, but they looked well prepared and amped to play football last week.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If your talking about PNG, it was to be expected with 1/2 of one live scrimmage before the season started. The PNG team that showed up in the second half is a more likely indicator of what the team will do on both sides of the ball going forward, and better. They are just getting started with a lot of upside.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I was Impressed with the first Indian drive and the best NS running in a while Trahan was the best in years but Reid seems to have extremely high acceleration NS

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Reed has a lot of upside as does #33 Nguyen. That kid is small but has a better burst and will put his hat and shoulder on somebody regardless of size difference.

BMTSoulja1

BU Gets the starting RB back this week after being out last week. He’s very nice. That on top of our 6’5” OT, we should be ok running the ball all night. I just hope we can get our defense to play more solid, namely in the secondary.

Plus we have a little momentum from last game as we roared back to take the lead late. I look for us to get on track with a win for our home opener…

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Welcome BMTSoulja. Beaumont United will be another strong test for PN-G. If PN-G can minimize turnovers and convert drives into TDs instead of FG attempts, they should give BU a good game. If PN-G turns it over, fumbles PAT snaps, commits more 15-yard penalties, and has stale playcalling, it will be another long night. I don't think you will recognize the Indians' offense as compared to Coach Faircloth's Indians. I didn't recognize it. I hear that PN-G played better in the second half vs PAM, but when it's 37-3 at the half, that made me leave to watch another game and I missed the second half. Hopefully, the Indians improve in weeks two and three. With new coaches and schemes, I am hoping to see improvement...2nd half vs. PAM, game two vs. BU...and game three vs. WO-S. It's not where you start, but where you finish. Mr. BG says BU has a bowling ball RB but they're soft in the trenches. Here's to a good game. Go Indians.

BMTSoulja1

Welcome BMTSoulja. Beaumont United will be another strong test for PN-G. If PN-G can minimize turnovers and convert drives into TDs instead of FG attempts, they should give BU a good game. If PN-G turns it over, fumbles PAT snaps, commits more 15-yard penalties, and has stale playcalling, it will be another long night. I don't think you will recognize the Indians' offense as compared to Coach Faircloth's Indians. I didn't recognize it. I hear that PN-G played better in the second half vs PAM, but when it's 37-3 at the half, that made me leave to watch another game and I missed the second half. Hopefully, the Indians improve in weeks two and three. With new coaches and schemes, I am hoping to see improvement...2nd half vs. PAM, game two vs. BU...and game three vs. WO-S. It's not where you start, but where you finish. Mr. BG says BU has a bowling ball RB but they're soft in the trenches. Here's to a good game. Go Indians.
Yea, we're in the same situation as yall with a new coach, but I think he'll have things going in the right direction. Hopefully, it will be this week. This Friday will be the first time I've seen them this year, so hopefully, we'll be stronger in the trenches.

100+ Posts
My first post. Thanks to the Admins for having me.

I attended the PAM game, the whole game, and it was pretty sloppy indeed for the Indians. I was trying to think what else they could do ... fumble, throw interceptions, missed field goal, missed extra points (errant snap &/or hold), dropped passes, unsportsmanlike penalties, missed assignments, missed gaps, players coming out with leg cramps, etc.

I'm hoping they'll have it together now for this Friday. I'm also hoping they won't try the screen pass for a few games. LCM didn't buy it, and PAM was sitting on it, and the lob style pass that stays in the air for several seconds? Uh, no.

I have a grandson playing, and I thought he did ok, but he was hard on himself. PAM got away with lots of holding, everyone saw it, and the refs began throwing flags in the 4th Qtr, a little too late to matter. But, if you've ever played ball, then you know you have to deal with that, and maybe do a little of it yourself.
Anyway, here's to the Indians this Friday, and a good game.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Happy to have you here! Good luck to your grandson throughout the season and we look forward to your observations.

Practically everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I won’t be so bold as to state they would have won that game without all the self inflicted problems, but there is no way that Memorial is 35 points better. We saw the Indians settle down and begin playing better ball, but too little to late. 5 turnovers. Crippen not in season form yet. Multiple bad snaps that killed drives, and still looking for a solution in the middle of the defense. Throw in a questionably called game and it’s going to look ugly every time. The Indians will improve and should still be a favorite in the district.

LetterJacket

Happy to have you here! Good luck to your grandson throughout the season and we look forward to your observations.

Practically everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I won’t be so bold as to state they would have won that game without all the self inflicted problems, but there is no way that Memorial is 35 points better. We saw the Indians settle down and begin playing better ball, but too little to late. 5 turnovers. Crippen not in season form yet. Multiple bad snaps that killed drives, and still looking for a solution in the middle of the defense. Throw in a questionably called game and it’s going to look ugly every time. The Indians will improve and should still be a favorite in the district.
I would not call the fumble on the return and the interceptions "self inflicted", however, the persistent issues with the snaps most definitely are, as was some of the play calling. PAM whipped the Indians soundly, the score was representative of the play on the field. I am not familiar enough with PAM personnel to know for sure - but it looked to me like they took their foot off the throttle in the 4th and let their 2's get some action. All that adds up to a team that was at least 35 points better last Friday, in my opinion.
That being said, I am confident the Indians will improve each week, I think the players are learning new schemes at game speed for the first time and the coaches are learning new players and in some cases new responsibilities. We know we have players that can excel and we have yet to see if the coaching staff is up to the task of mastering their new unit on the fly, but I have every confidence they will do so handily.
This should be a good game, and the weather will probably play a sizable role in the game plan.
I think the Purple will get the W and end some of this weeks lamentations.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
My first post. Thanks to the Admins for having me.

I attended the PAM game, the whole game, and it was pretty sloppy indeed for the Indians. I was trying to think what else they could do ... fumble, throw interceptions, missed field goal, missed extra points (errant snap &/or hold), dropped passes, unsportsmanlike penalties, missed assignments, missed gaps, players coming out with leg cramps, etc.

I'm hoping they'll have it together now for this Friday. I'm also hoping they won't try the screen pass for a few games. LCM didn't buy it, and PAM was sitting on it, and the lob style pass that stays in the air for several seconds? Uh, no.

I have a grandson playing, and I thought he did ok, but he was hard on himself. PAM got away with lots of holding, everyone saw it, and the refs began throwing flags in the 4th Qtr, a little too late to matter. But, if you've ever played ball, then you know you have to deal with that, and maybe do a little of it yourself.
Anyway, here's to the Indians this Friday, and a good game.
Holding on very high percentage of the plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores