PN-G at Vidor

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
INDIAN defense holds. PN-G football in VHS territory around 3:00 mins. left.

PN-G 11
VHS 10

3:00 - 4Q

Go Indians. Peace.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
UPDATE...RPO play...Bost keeps it...scampers down the sideline for a PN-G touchdown!!! Fire up the school buses. Leaving Vidor with a W. Don't stop...don't look back...see you next year, VHS.

PN-G 18
VHS 10

4Q - 2:10

Go Indians. Peace.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
VHS was driving...fumble...PN-G football. That should do it.

PN-G 18
VHS 10

4Q - under 2:00 mins.

Go Indians. Peace. Goodnight.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Kudos to Pirates for playing tough.

Way to dig down and turn it around Indians. Another second half dominant performance.

5 hour game is finally over!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Coach Faircloth is now 85-38 at PN-G. His winning % is 69.1%. If not this season, then next season, he will be #1 in all-time wins at PN-G. 5 district titles and maybe another one this year? Lots of playoff wins, lots of awards, and statewide recognition. He is just missing the big trophy handed out in December. Still, all in all, a very impressive resume.

Go Indians. Peace.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Another take away from this game. Vidor had the #1 offense in district to this point. Indian D shut it down.

GoNdns

Who was out? Will they return this year?
Indians also had sophomore backup canter in with 58 Lisauckis playing guard and brought up a junior for backup at tackle. Since the Westbrook scrimmage, we have not played with our original starting O line. I think they really got it together and did well under the circumstances. Think what we would be doing if we had all the players we were planning on. Garth and Hunt at tackle, Burt at guard. Hmmm.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PN-G 3
VHS 10

Pirates marching deep into PN-G territory. Too many penalties, no run game for PN-G, VHS owning the line of scrimmage, and a whacky game due to weather. One more quarter of football to escape with a W...it is not looking good.

End of 3Q

Go Indians. Peace.

Not an excuse because Vidor has a good defense. But the PNG offensive line is still a patchwork. The starting left tackle and guard are out. A sophomore started at center last night and Lisauckis moved over to left guard. And of course Jaylen Garth is gone for the season. And 2-year offensive line starter Jacob Osbourne who moved to H-Back is out. This all has a tremendous impact on the run game and pass protection. But the players are stepping up and doing a pretty good job.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indians also had sophomore backup canter in with 58 Lisauckis playing guard and brought up a junior for backup at tackle. Since the Westbrook scrimmage, we have not played with our original starting O line. I think they really got it together and did well under the circumstances. Think what we would be doing if we had all the players we were planning on. Garth and Hunt at tackle, Burt at guard. Hmmm.
Excellent point. Injuries have been a big factor this season.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores