PN-G "fans" on the SETX message board

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Guilty! :cry: I actually ended up on there because they have a pretty active youth football forum...then I clicked on the PNG/Barbers Hill thread... :flaming:!

I threw a couple of jabs in, but most of my posts are logical...if there is such a thing over there... ::)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It's lightweight compared to the old FNE 'smack attack' board which no longer exists.

Some message boards invite controversy and argument. They don't care how ridiculous the commentary gets if it generates traffic. And potential clicks on ad links.

bandkid

Staff member
NDNmom91 said:
Guilty! :cry: I actually ended up on there because they have a pretty active youth football forum...then I clicked on the PNG/Barbers Hill thread... :flaming:!

I threw a couple of jabs in, but most of my posts are logical...if there is such a thing over there... ::)

If you think it's bad in the football forum, you don't want to look at the political one. It was a warzone in there for a while.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I think you just have to take it for what it is--a form of entertainment. Some people get carried away and make personal attacks, and this can take the fun out of it. But, for the most part, it's just to generate some good discussion between avid football fans in the area.

bandkid

Staff member
Oh, and by the way, the PN-G-BH "Act II" thread just took the record for longest thread on that site. 53 pages of pointless smack-talk. I'm just glad it will be over come Friday and the last few pages can be filled with some of those overzealous Eagle fans "eating their crow."

NDN79

500+ Posts
Hey bandkid, they won't eat crow--they will disappear never to be heard from again! They will be gone faster than your paycheck on payday! ;D

akifan94

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
Hey bandkid, they won't eat crow--they will disappear never to be heard from again! They will be gone faster than your paycheck on payday! ;D

And that is the best thing that could ever happen. ;D

NDN4Life

Scalp Em Indians
I go over to that "site" and just read the posts and all that it proves to me is that I'm to be a PN-G Indian and those people just wish they were.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I used to visit setxsport's often but after being bombarded with spyware and spam I gave it up. There Admins and Mods think its funny and a joke including Coop. I guess that why I don't visit KFDM.com either do to the crazy popupsthey have on that site.

I understand it takes money to operate a site but when your putting your members at risk it isn't worth it or it is just greed.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
Justafan said:
I used to visit setxsport's often but after being bombarded with spyware and spam I gave it up. There Admins and Mods think its funny and a joke including Coop. I guess that why I don't visit KFDM.com either do to the crazy popupsthey have on that site.

I understand it takes money to operate a site but when your putting your members at risk it isn't worth it or it is just greed.

I did a test today. I ran my AdWare program and removed all spyware from my computer. Immediately ran AdWare again to make sure there was no spyware on my computer. Then went to "that other site" for a few minutes. Then ran AdWare again and it found 3 spywares on my computer. So what does that tell you!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Some people don't like that topic to be mentioned. I was chastised for pointing it out.
There are ways to pay for web sites without resorting to ad service companies. Even if it didn't load spyware, it's storing cookies that will be used to identify your web activity so that ads can be targeted for you.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDNmom91 said:

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."
- Frank Zappa

shovelhead

100+ Posts
This is the best board for PNG stuff, but I do like the SETX board for other team information. There are some very knowledgeable posters on there with some good things to share. Unfortunately, there are more bozos on there that just want to stir the pot for whatever reason. Some of the worst pot-stirrers are some of our own PNG folk. When the threads get stupid, I will usually quit reading and posting. The BH vs PNG thread at 53 pages is a prime example. How can any fan whose team is 5-5 and backed into the playoffs talk smack at all! The few pages I read were some of the most ignorant and useless posts on the board. Personally, my time is too valuable to waste on stuff like that. I do enjoy reading knowledgeable perspectives and sharing good information. Thanks to all the folks that share the good stuff here.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores