PN-G Indians 62, Lake Creek Lions 56

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
New Lake Creek coach's podcast.

Podcast Link
That coach would probably rather eat a pile of live fire ants than say anything positive about PN-G.

I’ll tell you what coach, if both teams improve to their capability, you will lose 10 out of 10 times to the Indians. With all the mistakes and poor special teams performances, your team was lucky to score the 56 and even have a shot at the end. A few corrections to that and the game is 70-42 PNG.

19PNGndn68

Also some perspective. The fumble led to an early TD for LC. And the blown kickoff coverages gave up 14 points. That's a 21 point swing and big momentum builders for LC. But the Indians weathered all that. It's not all bad. The Indians didn't play a stellar game but still had enough fire power to take the win. But there will need to be some big improvements on special teams and the secondary. I don't think just any team will be able to run it up like that, but one was almost enough.
History lesson - what do the current players #2, #4, #5, #10, #21, #32, and #41 have in common with last year’s playoffs? They were all members of the Kickoff coverage team. Watch #2 take off the helmet/head of the SOC player fumbling a return kickoff. Did anyone notice that LC #21 got blown up trying to field a bouncing scrib kick? He was wobbly on his feet. LC #10 replaced LC #21 on all subsequent kickoff return attempts.
Last year against strong KO returners PNG employed a strategy of attempting to kick the ball out of bounds around the opponent’s 35 yard line. Few opposing coaches are going to give up a sure 15 yard field advantage from the 20 yard line and a possible fumble on a rekick. May not be macho but puts an end to TD run backs.
Our #18 kicker is very accurate with a good hold and snap. #18 has a 43 yd FG. But , there is always a But. There is a critical 15 yard difference between the distance for 40 yard FG and kicking the ball out of the opponent’s end zone for a touch back. PNG should not confuse the two. PNG has the strategy and the kicker accuracy to solve the current kicking game issues with TD returns.

19PNGndn68

That coach would probably rather eat a pile of live fire ants than say anything positive about PN-G.

I’ll tell you what coach, if both teams improve to their capability, you will lose 10 out of 10 times to the Indians. With all the mistakes and poor special teams performances, your team was lucky to score the 56 and even have a shot at the end. A few corrections to that and the game is 70-42 PNG.
I do not envy LC this week. They have to play their version of Midcounty Madness the Montgomery Bears. Last year Montgomery Bears finished 2-8 but lost to LC 35-36 after leading most of the game. Montgomery Bears are 4-0 this year.
Need to be understanding of the position the coach finds himself in. Understand that most of his players were born with silver spoons in their mouths. You have to cuddle and reassure their high brow parents if you want to keep your job. LC teams like to hang 60-70 points on weak teams with losing records to stroke their egos.
HC spoke the same way after his 12-1 2022 team was embarrassed by Fort Bend Marshall by a 55-18 score in regional. He is the first HC for LC starting the football program in 2018. His coaching record is 43-23. In seven years the teams have three winning seasons. Prior to LC he was the DC for the Woodlands.

100+ Posts
I do not envy LC this week. They have to play their version of Midcounty Madness the Montgomery Bears. Last year Montgomery Bears finished 2-8 but lost to LC 35-36 after leading most of the game. Montgomery Bears are 4-0 this year.
Need to be understanding of the position the coach finds himself in. Understand that most of his players were born with silver spoons in their mouths. You have to cuddle and reassure their high brow parents if you want to keep your job. LC teams like to hang 60-70 points on weak teams with losing records to stroke their egos.
HC spoke the same way after his 12-1 2022 team was embarrassed by Fort Bend Marshall by a 55-18 score in regional. He is the first HC for LC starting the football program in 2018. His coaching record is 43-23. In seven years the teams have three winning seasons. Prior to LC he was the DC for the Woodlands.
I have not yet listened to the podcast. But after their 2023 playoff loss to PNG, all he had to say was that they were just "1 pass away from winning that game". Still, I'd like to see them tag a loss onto Montgomery's district record.

Also btw, the Huntsville coach said in his interview, that LC should have won last Friday's game at PNG. There's just no respect.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Also btw, the Huntsville coach said in his interview, that LC should have won last Friday's game at PNG. There's just no respect.
Yeah, it’s like there’s an underlying “US vs THEM” mentality between us, Nederland and the Houston area teams ever since we started being thrown in the same District with them. But my cousins who live in Huntsville are good friends with Coach Southern and I got to visit with him a bit when my husband helped them do a crawfish boil for the baseball team a couple years ago and he really does have a lot of respect for PNG…that was before we beat them in the playoffs though. :p

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts

100%

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Last post on this thread by me, but found this video shot from Lake Creek perspective, and mostly from their sideline. Gives real insight into what it is like to be a visitor at the Res. We are loud!

PNG vs Lake Creek Fan Film
Great video. Keep them coming.

Playing at the Reservation is equivalent to a playoff atmosphere for most visiting teams. A visiting coach stating that is not a factor is ignoring reality.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores