PN-G Indians meet The Nederland Bulldogs for MCM100th edition.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Flashback to 1999 when the previously undefeated, top 10 ranked Bulldogs visited the Reservation with expectations to dominate their rival.

The Indians proceeded to scalp the Bulldogs 35-7 behind the power running of Bo Wortham and the arm and legs of Dustin Long.

Can Nederland surprise the #5 ranked Indians and eke out a win? Or will the Purple Machine take care of business?

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Hopefully every member of the team knows the history well enough to know you can never take anything for granted when it comes to this game. All you have to do is go back as recently as last year to see that this is true. Additionally, Nederland has definitely been improving a lot as the season has progressed, especially offensively. I feel very certain that we have the better team, but given the volatile nature of this game we will need to avoid any major mistakes and execute the way we are capable of on offense and defense if we really want to be assured of a victory.

Xcrystalbeachbum

100+ Posts
Flashback to 1999 when the previously undefeated, top 10 ranked Bulldogs visited the Reservation with expectations to dominate their rival.

The Indians proceeded to scalp the Bulldogs 35-7 behind the power running of Bo Wortham and the arm and legs of Dustin Long.

Can Nederland surprise the #5 ranked Indians and eke out a win? Or will the Purple Machine take care of business?
Came from Houston to the game with my 2 boys and paid $60 for tickets. Stood for the entire game. Worth every ^&%$$&*((*) penny.

Indian99

500+ Posts

31-8, but close enough…was a fun game to be a part of!

oldschoolndn

How many people stood out in the great flood last MCM and waited to see the game, got soaked, watched the Indians win, and then weren’t afforded even the opportunity to buy tickets for this years game

hookem14

100+ Posts
How many people stood out in the great flood last MCM and waited to see the game, got soaked, watched the Indians win, and then weren’t afforded even the opportunity to buy tickets for this years game
Out of curiosity, what does one have to do with the other? No disrespect to your question. I just don't see the relevancy of one to the other.

CS

100+ Posts
They had temp bleachers in the end zones for the Covid years and I think they still have some for their own band.
The easy solution is to add temp bleachers in the end zones for one game only.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
They had temp bleachers in the end zones for the Covid years and I think they still have some for their own band.
The easy solution is to add temp bleachers in the end zones for one game only.
Yeah, I had read Nederland’s stadium improvements included a bigger Home side and assumed they were adding on to it but all they did to make it “bigger” was permanently move their band and drill team to the temp bleachers which freed up over 300 seats…lol! Well played Dogs well played!!
But, I do think using temp bleachers just for MCM to free up space on their visitor side isn’t a bad idea, and we could do the same for them at our stadium. Won’t completely solve the problem but it’ll DEFINITELY help!

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Good problem to have

But yes
Temporary seating

Why not?

Every HS stadium built now should include that little bowl style grass seating like LU can handle bigger crowds but doesn’t look empty when it’s not used
Tyler Rose stadium is the first one like that I ever saw
Also makes the first rows of stand on the ground (man made mound of dirt)
Not as expensive to build them on stilts (like GP) concessions in the middle
Santa Fe you listening ? lol - very rich school district
Just saw Liberty U do a play I’d like to see us incorporate (correction it was WKU vs Liberty)
Not a WR bubble screen per se
But a 3 WR LEFT the outside receiver did a loop around the two inside receivers but not stopped at the line of scrimmage (I can’t say I’ve ever seen it run exactly like that before)
Seems unstoppable at least for 5-10 yards and especially for goal line and 2 pt conversions unless you KNEW it was going to be run.

Last edited:

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Just rewound and watched that play again
I don’t see how you could stop it
The outside WR came in a quick (LH style) motion and basically ran a circular slant route
It uses the CB bump and run against them
Genius
Might be my favorite play at the moment.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
As a reminder to all those going to the games, WATCH WHERE YOU STEP when lining up to get inside the gates. Every time this game is played in Ned, Ned fans walk their dogs along any patch of grass near the visitors side, AND they do not pick up anything their dogs may leave behind during the week. Trust that I found out the hard way.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
As a reminder to all those going to the games, WATCH WHERE YOU STEP when lining up to get inside the gates. Every time this game is played in Ned, Ned fans walk their dogs along any patch of grass near the visitors side, AND they do not pick up anything their dogs may leave behind during the week. Trust that I found out the hard way.
That’s really upstanding behavior by the Nerdland street walkers.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (5-0)
vs.
Splendora Wildcats (2-3)

Friday, Oct. 11, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium, Port Neches, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores