PN-G Indians vrs Central Jaguars

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I think we have had the WOS crew since that game, minus one particular ref.

And Sarge, 22 is out for the season (ACL). :(

sarge5555

Wasn't trying to offend anyone but I will say that during that WOS and PNG game, several flags that were thrown on the WOS side and against WOS were picked up and waived off as there was no penalty on some particular plays. The coaches from WOS seemed to dictate what flag was supposed to stick and which ones weren't. I umpire high school baseball and I call what I see. I let no coach dictate which way it's going to go. If I need to conversate about a call, it would be with the umpires that were in the game with me and for me to get their insight on what they say associated with the call. Please don't take these comments out of proportion but what I saw as a spectator was wrong. However, you can't change the call on the field but you can witness before your eyes what was being done. The referree that was wrong, can never make it right, but we hope in time, we all will forget.

Yes - I hear that Mr. Hughes (22) is out for the season. That really hurts us but I think that we have a strong enough team to where there are about 8 more kinds of players like Hughes that are ready and hungry for their turn. This should only make us stronger..... :punchingbag: Where are the Jags at, probably wondering around near The Reservation looking to see what a real football team looks like.............

bark

1,000+ Posts
Good game! Really enjoyed it. These guys are good. Hope more get to move up to Varsity. I don't remember having this many 10th graders on Varsity during regular season?

Go NDNs

crittergitter

sarge5555 said:
Wasn't trying to offend anyone but I will say that during that WOS and PNG game, several flags that were thrown on the WOS side and against WOS were picked up and waived off as there was no penalty on some particular plays. The coaches from WOS seemed to dictate what flag was supposed to stick and which ones weren't. I umpire high school baseball and I call what I see. I let no coach dictate which way it's going to go. If I need to conversate about a call, it would be with the umpires that were in the game with me and for me to get their insight on what they say associated with the call. Please don't take these comments out of proportion but what I saw as a spectator was wrong. However, you can't change the call on the field but you can witness before your eyes what was being done. The referree that was wrong, can never make it right, but we hope in time, we all will forget.

Yes - I hear that Mr. Hughes (22) is out for the season. That really hurts us but I think that we have a strong enough team to where there are about 8 more kinds of players like Hughes that are ready and hungry for their turn. This should only make us stronger..... :punchingbag: Where are the Jags at, probably wondering around near The Reservation looking to see what a real football team looks like.............

i have seen you call baseball and you really should not throw stones at other officials. pretty sure it is against your by laws also.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It's a shame but it happens. There should be a 'bylaw' such as three valid/reviewed/proven violations and an official is suspended for a certain period. In no way should an official be allowed to maliciously affect the outcome of a game.

sarge5555

crittergitter: If you have seen me call baseball games, and you know who I am, I'm sure that you have thought in your mind already...what was I thinking because SARGE does call it like he sees it. But we really won't get into it yet as this is still football season. So, you can continue to sit there and monitor your screen in hopes to tear me down - but my friend, that will never happen. You can't tear a Marine down. You and I both know that there were some calls made during that game that probably even left you thinking...what was that? So - no, I don't need to throw stones at any official but like I said, if you make a wrong call, eventually we all have to get over it and continue on. No biggie.....but, if you would like to :duel:, good luck, because with me, you are out of your league. I have coached for many years and I can tell you, my heart has been in every game for every kid that played on my team or across the diamond, field or court from me. So - before you try and come up with some other thing to harp on, please keep one thing in mind.......this is for the kids and we can never change the outcome. All we can do is keep encouraging the kids. I do hope that you are on this same page. Hope to see you on Saturday as the PNG Indians take on the Central Jaguars.

Indianfan: Thanks for the backup, just hope crittergitter doesn't get to carried away because they just might take his whistle.

badndn

500+ Posts
I had WOS friends that agreed we got hosed and that it looked fishy. Course they said it was bout time since they had been getting hosed in Mid County for years.

bark

1,000+ Posts
:helmet:
Sarge,

Thanks for all your insight into the games, etc...how do you see the Central game unfolding? How do we replace Hughes?

also, did you coach at PNG? Or another school?

crittergitter

sarge5555 said:
crittergitter: If you have seen me call baseball games, and you know who I am, I'm sure that you have thought in your mind already...what was I thinking because SARGE does call it like he sees it. But we really won't get into it yet as this is still football season. So, you can continue to sit there and monitor your screen in hopes to tear me down - but my friend, that will never happen. You can't tear a Marine down. You and I both know that there were some calls made during that game that probably even left you thinking...what was that? So - no, I don't need to throw stones at any official but like I said, if you make a wrong call, eventually we all have to get over it and continue on. No biggie.....but, if you would like to :duel:, good luck, because with me, you are out of your league. I have coached for many years and I can tell you, my heart has been in every game for every kid that played on my team or across the diamond, field or court from me. So - before you try and come up with some other thing to harp on, please keep one thing in mind.......this is for the kids and we can never change the outcome. All we can do is keep encouraging the kids. I do hope that you are on this same page. Hope to see you on Saturday as the PNG Indians take on the Central Jaguars.

Indianfan: Thanks for the backup, just hope crittergitter doesn't get to carried away because they just might take his whistle.

since you are an ex marine i will make it real simple.

when you go onto a public forum tell people you are a TASO official then talk bad about other officials you make all officials look bad.

in fact it is in your code of ethics.

o. An official shall never publicly criticize another official or the association, or express
disagreement with another official when a spectator.

i wonder what the TASO board would think about this? :faint:

sarge5555

BARK: Hope your day is going well. I know mine is as we get closer to heading over to the "Butch Stadium" to tame the Jaguars....... Thank you for those comments. No, I did not coach at PNG or anywhere here in Texas but I did up in Ohio for about 14 years. Coached several sports, i.e. football, basketball and baseball. There's nothing like the enjoyment of coaching kids from ages 5 all the way through to graduation from high school. Coaches do get to spend a lot of time with the kids and then there is a bond like no other. It's nice to see kids grow up learning respect, honor, teamwork, how to set and achieve goals and objectives and how to grow into fine young men and women. For anyone who has coached before, perhaps you can help me on this.....it's a bond that gets carried on almost forever. We stand in as parents when they need someone to talk to or someone to just listen to them so that they are heard. We try and set good examples and be good role models just like the parents do. I could go on and on about this but this post would be sooooooooooo long. lol.

And now ladies and gentlemen......Sarge's Prediction: The Haflinator (27) runs for 150+ yards & 3 TD's. Morse chunks the pigskin for 250+ yards & 3 TD's. Defense tames the Jaguars twice on 4th Down. Special Teams jams up the Jaguars as they can not get out of their cage. Offensive line blocks and hardly nobody gets in. The receivers; Sparks, McZeal and Sullivan d otheir thing as the Jaguars are running behind them sayn...Hey, wait up!...I predict that when the Indians are done rattling the Jaguars cage, the score will be PNG 45, Central 28.
So now, all we have to do, is show up at the "Butch Stadium"....and witness what will be before our eyes.....

sarge5555

Crittergitter: Thank you for your comments. However, before you start throwing around information about By-Laws, etc., I never said that I was a member of TASO. So, with having said that, make sure that you get your facts straight before you start jumping to conclusions. On another note.....please understand that any of my comments that I make are not a "direct hit" on anyone as I do not mention names. And one more thing...there is no such thing as a Ex-Marine, the proper terminology is "Former Marine". Please don't read too much into my comments about officiating. As you may know, us umpires and referrees are not always perfect and we do make mistakes from the littliest thing sometimes. Please don't take that out of proportion. We just need to move on. That game is history and so forth. Let it go......no need in getting carried away. We are all people on here with different opinions and that's all they are....opinions only. I will apologize to you while everyone else can read this for any comments that offended you, that's why I mentioned that I wasn't trying to offend anyone before. It's not easy being an official, umpire or referree from time to time, but we all can't take comments to heart. With having said this.......please have a good day and lets pull together for the Indians in getting a win over Central.

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Let's go Indians! Under estimating your opponent and blaming refs for a lose means you may not have played much better than your opponent! JMO Let's go to work Indians!!

bark

1,000+ Posts
purplewarrior said:
Let's go Indians! Under estimating your opponent and blaming refs for a lose means you may not have played much better than your opponent! JMO Let's go to work Indians!!
:clap:
I agree, that's why I hate it when fans blame the refs. All games have bad calls if your winning by enough, not a factor.

When you win, no explanation needed.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
not making excuses. But, the side ref on our side yesterday was pretty bad. Centrals offensive tackle kept moving before the snap and he would not call it. Holding all day and yet no calls. I feel that TASO really needs to train these refs better. JMHO.
I think we also should have had a safety on the play where Central was at their own 2. Looked like to me we tackled him at the goal line. I didn't see the penalty when Haflin ran for a TD either. Was it offensive pass interference ? Same side ref who threw that flag.

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
not making excuses. But, the side ref on our side yesterday was pretty bad. Centrals offensive tackle kept moving before the snap and he would not call it. Holding all day and yet no calls. I feel that TASO really needs to train these refs better. JMHO.
I think we also should have had a safety on the play where Central was at their own 2. Looked like to me we tackled him at the goal line. I didn't see the penalty when Haflin ran for a TD either. Was it offensive pass interference ? Same side ref who threw that flag.
:stop:
Let's don't blame the refs. Take the loss and move forward into the playoffs.

:pistols: :punchingbag: :machinegun:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores