PN-G Indians vs GCM Patriots

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Gone scored on the second string...Its ok they need the work

bark

1,000+ Posts
Our defense did outstanding. Offense always looks great. Don't know about keeping the Qb in so late.

That Hughes kid must be averaging 160/170 yards a game. Hope things fall in line to make a 3 or 4 round deep playoff run.

Whats the deepest run we have gone since Burnetts 1999 state final?

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
bark said:
Our defense did outstanding. Offense always looks great. Don't know about keeping the Qb in so late.

That Hughes kid must be averaging 160/170 yards a game. Hope things fall in line to make a 3 or 4 round deep playoff run.

3 rounds

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Shaping up to be a potent offense. If RJ can execute the complete Faircloth playbook and spread the ball around and the offensive line does its thing, PNG has multiple deadly threats that a defense has to worry about. The skill positions can flat out move down the field quickly. :thumbsup:

bark

1,000+ Posts
prepballfan said:
bark said:

3 rounds
Thanks, that was in 2010?. Doty, Dunbar, etc... group - right.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Yes, 2010.

Other than a busted coverage where GCM completed a long pass down the middle, PN-G's first team defense looked pretty stout. Good open-field tackling last night for the most part. The defense is very strong getting to the football. Decent team speed on defense pursuing the ball and there are 3 or 4 kids who will hit like a sledgehammer when they get there. The big DT, #68, is as wide as he is tall. When he gets his momentum going, he is hard to move off the line of scrimmage. He takes up some space and allows the LBs to run to the football. #48, #4, #22, will come and hit you. Secondary is not big, but they do a good job of keeping things in front of them. It is only game #2. The coaches will correct the mistakes. Playing with great effort and passion is not a problem. This defense could evolve into a top unit. They have some pieces that teams in the past missed. I know there are some that complain our CBs and Safeties play too far off the ball, but I say keep everything underneath...don't get beat deep. Keep things in front of you where you can have a shot at making a tackle and having the pursuit come and help you. Keep everything underneath and make a team march down the field without making a mistake. If a team does make a mistake, #22, #4, #26, et al. will be there to capitalize.

Offense was very good. However, GCM is pretty bad. The QB had two INTs...one he probably wishes he had back, i.e., the pass to McZeal, and the other was a batted ball by a DL before the half. No worries. The one to McZeal he forced, but that is OK. He is learning. He is good at keeping his eyes downfield and looking for playmakers. You can see him looking downfield and making his reads. And, when he has to keep and run, he can make BIG plays. He is not just an athlete playing QB. He is a QB and a good one. Nice touch and he can sling it. As he gets experience, he will be able to take over games. The RB #6 is faster than you think...in the open field, he can run away from people. The OL is not a worry. Decent enough size and they block. They come off the ball and stay on their blocks. Other than the bad snap that the QB turned into a first down on his own ability, the OL had a strong game. They moved the line of scrimmage and created holes up the middle for #6 to run to daylight.

Kicking game was better. Not perfect, but getting there. Kicker has a good leg. Good FG...and consistently puts the kickoff inside the 10-yard line...other than the one he booted out of bounds. No worries, it happens. It's HS football.

Overall, a good game versus a poor GCM team.

As an aside, the band has good numbers and sounded great. The Indianettes looked a tad small in numbers. Nice routines and all, but I'm not sure there were 50 girls in the Indianettes. Why the drop in numbers?

Looking forward to seeing PN-G again when they come back to Stallworth for the Baytown Lee game and when the Indians start marching through the playoffs over in Houston.

Go Indians. Peace.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores