PN-G ready for another playoff round

squaw

1,000+ Posts
OldEagle said:
lu cards said:
if png beats friendswood they go to austin?
Actually we need to beat one more team after that before going to Austin (Round Rock). Probably Brenham.
I don't understand it. The UIL bracket has us playing FW and finishing by 5-29 and playing the final game and finishing the season on 6-5.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
The 6-5 date is for the Regional Final. At that point in time there will be 4 Regional Finalists who will then go to Austin for the State Finals which hopefully will be 2 games for us (semifinals and then FINALS!).

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
OldEagle said:
IndianFan said:
Is the biggest problem:
1. the configuration of the bleachers
2. they are wooden and 30+ years old?
3. Or both?
Number 2 - wooden and very old.
Funny thing about the Magnolia stands is that the stands were new but the one behind home plate were behind the press box and you couldn't see the field from most areas of the stands. They planned on installing the stands and then elevating them. The original cost to raise them was $9000 but when it came time to do it the price was $20,000 and they couldn't afford to do it. At least you can see the field from our old wooden stands! So I guess we are in better shape then Magnolia.

Old Eagle,
Didn't our Robin Hood money help top pay for all of those improvements at Magnolia?

cub1322

No we did not play Friendswood this year but they are a decent ball club. Good solid team. Pitching is decent and I their hitting is coming along but I think it will come down to who plays the defense because I believe both teams will hit the pitching they see. As far as playing Brenham in the finals, don't get ahead of yourself because we both have to get there and thats what Nederland did they looked past Hays to us and got beat by a team in my opinion that wasnt very good!! I am sure yall will have a good series with "wood" and possibly have a rematch from the gridiron to the diamond and I believe I metioned that a while back on one of my post on the football messageboard. Should be fun to see how it all shakes out!! But good luck and go get'em!! :pistols:

Pngrick72

Re: PN-G ready for another playoff round, Magnolia newspaper excerp

Originally scheduled as a three-game series, the rain-soaked weekend of May 14 forced the series to just one game, which Magnolia won to move on to the regional quarterfinals.

There they took on Port Neches Grove where Game One was held May 20 at Port Neches Grove. The Bulldogs earned a huge win on the road, 8-5, with Game Two to be played at Magnolia High School.

The winner of that series will advance to the regional semifinals and play either Waltrip or Friendswood.

OldEagle

500+ Posts
In the PNG-Magnolia series, the Indians won the 1st game 8-5 at PNG, lost the 2nd game 3-1 at Magnolia and then won the 3rd game at Baytown Sterling 5-0.
Now the Indians will play a 3-game series with Friendswood at Baytown Sterling Wed, Fri & Sat (if necessary).

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Hope to see our usual PNG crowd at the game tomorrow at 7:30 at Baytown Sterling. It will be fun for all. IMHO, the Indians appear to be getting better and better each game. They were sure hot when we last played Magnolia. They just patiently wait for their bats to pay off and when they do, it gets very exciting. If y'all can come support the team, the boys will appreciate it and so will the other fans.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
On Wed and Fri, I plan to make the drive over to Baytown from Houston. Make room for one more on the Indians' side.

Go Indians. Peace.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:
On Wed and Fri, I plan to make the drive over to Baytown from Houston. Make room for one more on the Indians' side.

Go Indians. Peace.
Great!! That's what we love to hear. I hope we won't need to play Saturday because we aced both games.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores