PN-G @ Vidor

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
We're going to have to fend off LC-M at their house coming up, but Ned and Vidor games will be at the Rez. We may be holding the district championship yet.

VegasNDN

A walk-off by Vidor? What is going on down there in the Triangle? Oh well, I'm sure this is just what the boys need to destroy the rest of the district the rest of the way through. Great job so far guys!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Tough loss.

You can't lay blame for the final outcome on this, but there was a really bad call at the 2:15 mark of this video that keeps Vidor in the game.
http://www.kfdm.com/video/index.php?bcpid=1138292619&bclid=1418511684&bctid=1472377580
The Vidor runner is out, the first baseman's foot was clearly on the bag. Even worse, how does the umpire overrule that initial call? His vision is blocked on the play.

The Indians still had the opportunity to put them away but couldn't quite do it. A clean run through district will avenge that lapse.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
What's even more strange is that after the ump calls it out (double play) and the players are exiting the field, the Vidor coach starts ranting about the foot on the bag thing. As this is going on, the runner rounds the bases and THEY GIVE VIDOR THE RUN???????? The umps should have put the runners back on the bags they were on when the call was made.

VegasNDN

I just got a chance to watch that video......WOW! What a nightmare of a call. I commend Coach Stone for not punching a hole through the umps chest. Then another obvious call when our runner was clearly safe at first and the ump called him out. Oh well, the better team will prevail and have a great run throught the playoffs. I just hope the Vidor boys will want to sit in the stands to watch the games :).

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores