PN-G vs. Brenham Game Updates

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Incredible season. The Indians started off with a new coaching staff, new program, new schemes, and no respect from opposing teams or media.
The Indians proved all the naysayers wrong.

10-0 regular season.
Outright district championship.
Bi-District champions
And down to the wire against a talented Brenham team.

2009 was a great, great season that has brought the excitement back to PNG football. Great job by a special bunch of seniors that will never be forgotten.

2010? No less than 15 juniors who made major contributions return. And an undefeated JV team steps up to fill the gaps left by the departing seniors. With another season of this system under their belts, great things are ahead for Indian football.

But once again, thanks to a special groups of seniors. You never lost, just ran out of time.

sddmbr

IndianFan said:
But once again, thanks to a special groups of seniors. You never lost, just ran out of time.

Thanks a lot ... I could not have said it better!!! :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Fellow fans, let's stay classy and not react to some of the comments made here tonight by some Cub fans. Obviously the Indians proved them wrong at the end.

Congrats to the Cubs on the win and good luck going forward. Win with class, lose with class.

BigTodd

I see great things in store for PNG due to their fan support and their coach who sure has them headed in the right direction. I suspect we may meet again. Have a great weekend folks, and remember, those boys deserve your respect and admiration, win or lose. You are great. I will tell you that from now on so long as the Indians are not playing my Cubs I will be and Indian fan.....due to you. Outstanding. I am impressed. God Bless you all and GO CUBS!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Photo of PN-G crowd
pngbrenham2.jpg

NDNband69

500+ Posts
A view of our fans from the North side.
DSCF8478.jpg

A view from the PNG side.
DSCF8453.jpg

What a game Indians......we are so proud of each and everyone on that fantastic team.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Correction, Amir Jalali receives the kickoff to begin the second half. He returns it to about the Brenham 25 yard line. WAY TO GO INDIANS!
DSCF8488.jpg

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG #1 Fan said:
Thx PNG for a great game. Go Cubs take State! :party:

Thanks Cub fan from Brenham, TX. Given your choice of user names, do you plan to follow the Indians here from now on?

badndn

500+ Posts
Shame you left early Belle, you, missed a great finish. Guess the joke was on you.
Also a shame you left early and didn't show your support for your Cubs after the game.
PNG faithful stayed long after the game was over to let those young men know we appreciated all the hard work and sacrifice they put in this season.

Good Luck Brenham.

Belle

No, 'You guys came Early and You guys left Early'!! I saw the whole game and the "Purple Passion" fans leaving! :crazy:
:whiteflag:

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Belle said:
No, 'You guys came Early and You guys left Early'!! I saw the whole game and the "Purple Passion" fans leaving! :crazy:
:whiteflag:

Belle, your comments don't bother us fans. It just makes you look like a no class, poor sport. It was a great game and a valiant effort by both teams. Unfortunately people with attitudes such as you disrespect the kids that played their hearts out.

BigTodd

I sure wish Brenham had such a message board. You folks are way cool. You keep doing what you are doing. The kids you root for should be, and I sure are, very proud to have fans like you. My fourth favorite HS football team is now the Port Neches Groves Indians. (I played for Pettus Eagles and Pearsall Mavericks in the '70's, and now live in Brenham, those gotta be top 3 for me). You folks rock. Deep Purple is what I think you should call yourselves!

GreenStar

BIG TODD, looks like you have some work to do. Go create a message board for your folks. That BELLE will then have somewhere to go. Good game Brenham!

Great job INDIANS! We are very proud of you and your success!!! "Always be faithful to the Purple and White"

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
WHAT A GREAT SEASON...IM GOING TO MISS OUR SENIORS...SAD TO SEE THEM GO..HOPE TO SEE SOME OF THEM WITH A GOOD COLLEGE TEAM...(LONGHORNS).
I WAS SITTING IN THE STANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF A BUNCH OF FOOTBALL PLAYERS FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL. (THINK NEW CANNAN) THEY CAME TO GET THE INDIAN EXPERIENCE. FROM THE GET GO I TOLD THEM THEY HAD TO STAND FOR CHEROKEE. CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR....

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
MOM2INDIANS said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
WHAT A GREAT SEASON...IM GOING TO MISS OUR SENIORS...SAD TO SEE THEM GO..HOPE TO SEE SOME OF THEM WITH A GOOD COLLEGE TEAM...(LONGHORNS).
I WAS SITTING IN THE STANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF A BUNCH OF FOOTBALL PLAYERS FROM ANOTHER SCHOOL. (THINK NEW CANNAN) THEY CAME TO GET THE INDIAN EXPERIENCE. FROM THE GET GO I TOLD THEM THEY HAD TO STAND FOR CHEROKEE. CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR....

That was cool! I saw several different schools represented last night, and they were all saying they came because they heard about PN-G and had to see it for themselves, and I don't think they were just talking about the football team! It was so great to see them catching "Purple Fever", they were standing for Cherokee and even doing the War Chant with us! I think it's time to resurect the phrase "PN-G has a special spirit...pass it on!"

NDNband69

500+ Posts
All Indian fans are so proud of this team. This year has been fantastic. We thank you for allowing us the FUN and pleasure of standing in those long ticket lines to share memories past and present with our neighbors.

Our fans were prepared for a deluge but the weather turned out to be perfect.

PNG is known for it's fans desire to turn out no matter how long the drive. Example: My cousin and her husband left a religious conference in Mississippi Friday. They drove 410 miles straight for 6 1/2 hours and arrived at the stadium as the coin toss was taking place. Now that's desire......that's timing!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
BigTodd said:
I sure wish Brenham had such a message board. You folks are way cool. You keep doing what you are doing. The kids you root for should be, and I sure are, very proud to have fans like you. My fourth favorite HS football team is now the Port Neches Groves Indians. (I played for Pettus Eagles and Pearsall Mavericks in the '70's, and now live in Brenham, those gotta be top 3 for me). You folks rock. Deep Purple is what I think you should call yourselves!

Thanks BigTodd...you are a welcome here anytime, and I hope you keep us updated on how Brenham is doing! Ya'll have some GREAT fans as well! Maybe I'll adopt Brenham as my second favorite HS Football team, afterall, I do love the ice cream ;D! Seriously though, PN-G is recognized across the State for its history, tradition, and fan support...we still hold the State record for attendance at a hs football game! We've been down the last few years, but Indian Nation is BACK in full force, and we just may break our own record in the next couple of years! If you want to get the FULL PNG experience, come on down to The Reservation one Fri night next season...you will NOT be disappointed!

Oh, and Belle....does your Daddy know you're on here? ::)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores