PN-G vs Crosby Predictions

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
If our secondary doesn't improve Merca will pick us apart....

No kidding here. If things don't get fixed quick, we will be in bad shape. With that being said, they won't be running the ball against our front 7.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
PNGfan said:
Another shootout against another gunslinging running QB in Merka. I say 42-35 PNG.
Merka is a very good quarterback, but I dont believe he is as good as Fishbeck. The coaches saw the weakness of the secondary like we did. Im sure that corrections will be made. I look for the Indians to take out a few frustrations on the Cougars. PNG 35 Crosby 17.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Merka is a good Q.B., but he has lost a lot of weapons. PN-G will rebound with a great effort this week.

PN-G 35
Crosby 14

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Justafan said:
If our secondary doesn't improve Merca will pick us apart....
Again, Justafan, I agree. I can't understand how two of our DB's could be surrounding their receiver and they don't even have their hands up or go for the ball. They wait for him to catch the ball and then tackle him. DUH......did it look like that to anyone else? I think we'll improve every week, however, and come out on top in district again.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I know it was just the first game and I am not being negative but seemed we were following and chasing the GP receivers, but not being aggressive and defending them from the ball.

We have more size and spend in the secondary than we've had in years and we need to utilize that. "If they come in your house knock there block off"!!!!!!!! Make them think twice about coming across the middle. But we also must get pressure on the QB.

bigdaddyblue

Merka is a very good quarterback, but I dont believe he is as good as Fishbeck. [/quote]

Last time i looked Merka is committed to TCU..Fishbeck????

badndn

500+ Posts
bigdaddyblue said:
Merka is a very good quarterback, but I dont believe he is as good as Fishbeck.

[/quote]
Being committed to TCU doesn't make him a better QB. I would bet he doesn't play QB at TCU. May be moved to take advantage of his size and speed.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
bigdaddyblue said:
Merka is a very good quarterback, but I dont believe he is as good as Fishbeck.

Being committed to TCU doesn't make him a better QB. I would bet he doesn't play QB at TCU. May be moved to take advantage of his size and speed.
[/quote]Why does everyone we play have to come on here and talk smack?

shovelhead

100+ Posts
I'm the one that said that Fishbeck was a better QB than Merka. It may be because he has a better team around him. I don't mean any disrespect to Merka. If he goes to TCU, I will be pulling for him and wish him well. Meanwhile, this Friday night I look for the Indian defense to make adjustments and be hungry for a win. Scalp 'em!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I think PNG takes this one in another close game. Crosby will run a different offense than GP did, and I think our backfield will need some time to adjust. I look for a near tie going into half time, and us starting to pull away as the game ends and the defense settles in and gains more experience. However; I'd love to be proven wrong and go into halftime 50-0 like LaMarque used to do.

indian17

If we get pressure on Merka I think that it will be very similar score as last year.

Also I don't see Crosby's defense being as good as GP's and we were able to move the ball pretty well on them. As long as Doty makes intelligent decisions and doesn't force anything offense should be on fire. Man I am ready is it game time yet? :helmet:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores