PN-G vs Lindale: Game Thread

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
We’re all here to talk football. Coach Faircloth knows this community and fan base love their football heritage and he would probably enjoy hearing a positive idea and then maybe explaining why it would or would not be a good strategy.

Let’s talk football AND enjoy all the success.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
AllINdian said:
Usedtocould said:
Here’s my one armchair coach for the day. WHY WHY WHY NOT when you get a personal foul penalty walked off on the kickoff (kicking from their 45) why not try an onside kick? Instead we kick it theough the end zone. 5/10 times were content staring them at the 35-30 which most inside kicks aren’t recovered exactly 10 yds away from spot 40-60% WE recover and if not they still only start 10-15 yards from where they would with a touchback. Why not take that chance. The way it’s done right now someone on our team endured a personal foul for NOTHING. because our kicker can kick it into the end zone whenever he wants (a fortunate weapon we’ve had for a few years now. Pinpoint and power kickoffs). TRY the onside kick after a personal foul kicking off in their territory. PLEASE.

Great observation and suggestion! Since the Indians are still playing next week (because they are district champs, bi-district champs, and area champs) I bet the coaches are working tomorrow (Sunday), I highly suggest you go up to the fieldhouse and put that bug in BF's ear! I'm sure that a top 5 coach in program history would love to hear what you have to say about the decisions he makes at NRG.
OR you can enjoy some of the most success we have seen in program history...
Live in Houston. I’d love to make it sometime. I’m an amateur at the Xs and Os this is more of a long time observation I’ve made several times over the years. One team did it to us after TWO personal fouls and recovered (seems like it was Crosby or Vidor can’t remember). Maybe one of you guys could bring it up for me I’ll take credit if he thinks it’s a horrible idea haha. Im actually in favor of trying onside kicks against teams like FB Marshall where it seems like every possession ends in a TD ANYWAY. Crosby, College Station etc. if there’s an 80% chance they score regardless of field position and a 30% chance we recover an onside kick why not go for it. That’s what they do in the very small school ranks and 6 man sometimes every kickoff is an onside kick.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
One thing is certain... Indians need to keep it away from #5.

Kickoff returns are momentum killers. And the odds of protecting against a long return are against us.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
But I have made every game this season including one scrimmage from Houston so yes, I’m enjoying this season very much. I set the goal before the season started and I’m well on my way to the goal. I believe Faircloth is one of the best in the state I’m not doubting his football IQ (much much higher than mine) I just think that thought should go into the “book” but it’s just as annoying to me as when the announcer calls it a “hook and ladder” or when they say the runner needs to get out of bounds to save time (stop the clock) on the kickoff or punt return. Put it in the “go- to book”

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
One thing is certain... Indians need to keep it away from #5.

Kickoff returns are momentum killers. And the odds of protecting against a long return are against us.
Yes he was the QB early in the season I believe.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
#5 is lightning fast and difficult to tackle. He’s the primary kick returner and their best running back.

Arm tackles will be death in this game. Hit and wrap up before he gets into the open field. Play like you’re protecting your school and community honor on every down.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Probably 10,000.

Sorry to say it, but fans don’t travel like they did in the 70s, 80s and 90s. In the 70s you would have seen 30,000+ in NRG.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
That's true. And the crowd doesn't seem to be as excited as in years past. I noticed at the Nederland game, most folks were sitting on their hands most of the game... even when the win was inevitable. Usually at that point, the crowd would be ecstatic!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
We had some great prior generations in the PN-G communities. They set some lofty standards.

Torino

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Probably 10,000.

Sorry to say it, but fans don’t travel like they did in the 70s, 80s and 90s. In the 70s you would have seen 30,000+ in NRG.
Could it be that now District Champions don't play a good team until the 3rd round? Before 1982 a playoff game was against a district champion at every stage. The teams PN-G beat so far were dogs.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores