PN-G vs Lumberton Predictions

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
NDN79 said:
Does anyone know why Lumberton assocites their team with a train? Do they think it sounds intimidating, or cool, or what? Can you help? :huh:

From Wikipedia...
The town was established as a stop on the Gulf, Beaumont and Kansas City Railway that was built through the area in 1894. Serving the local sawmills and lumber camps, the post office was established at Lumberton in 1909. [4] In 1914, the post office was relocated to the Fletcher site nearby which was a major sawmill until the mid-1920’s. [4] After the closure of the sawmill at Fletcher, the area would remain populated and would become part of the City of Lumberton when it was incorporated in 1973.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Thanks IndianFan--I didn't know any of that. So why not call them the choo-choo's instead of the raiders(lol) ;D

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
bandkid said:
NDN79 said:
Does anyone know why Lumberton assocites their team with a train? Do they think it sounds intimidating, or cool, or what? Can you help? :huh:

It doesn't make much sense, but then again, they're from Slumberton. Should we expect them to make sense? ;D

It makes about as much sense as LCM's BOJO! ;D

phetonb

I now live in Lumberton. I pull for the Raiders every week, except this one. PN-G will win and win BIG. We should score in the 40+ range, and Lumberton might score late.

Every "Home" game for me is 35 miles from home. This game, I will walk across HWY 69 and not burn any gas to get to.

By the way....for your edification, Lumberton started getting Good when folks from PN-G and Nederland moved up here.

Lumberton is my hometown now, but I will always be an Indian, and bleed purple. I love going to Walmart wearing my Indian T-shirts...I can walk tall and smile big...

Scalp em Indians!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Lumberton's HC Credeur, a former assistant at PN-G, mentioned in an article several years ago that he had established the same system and approach used at PN-G.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
If we get alot of rain out of this system the Lumberton field may be sloppy. This may be good for the INDIANS, I remember reading that lumberton fumbled alot in the rain and mud !!! GO INDIANS !!!

warpaint101

I never think a field being wet will be a advantage to any team , to many errors can happen ...i hope they get it as dry as possible beforethe game...we need to donate plastic to other teams in our district next year...lol

pncoach

The Great Karnac predicts a major train wreck Friday night, October 23, 2009. Indians win by 3 touchdowns!!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores