PN-G vs. Silsbee

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indians leading 38-21 at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

For the first time since 2000, not a single post during a game. Is everyone at the game?

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
44-21. Not sure how much of a test Silsbee's defense is, but the Indian offense sounds loaded.

Game broadcast is also sounding good.

bandkid

Staff member
45-21 over the #10 team in the 3A classification is not merely a win, it's a statement.

That's the PN-G I remember. It's about time we got back to that. Scalp 'em.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Defense has got to stop giving up big plays with poor tackling. A good team with a running QB is going to eat our lunch. This is the smallest number of players I've seen for a PNG Varsity Roster.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I listened on Cool 92.5 FM via the Internet. Next week, I'll start the thread for PN-G v. WO-S. Lots of stuff for Indian fans to like, lots of stuff for the kids to work on and tighten up. Great way to start the 2013 season. I enjoyed listening to the game.

Go Indians. Peace.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
justafan said:
Defense has got to stop giving up big plays with poor tackling. A good team with a running QB is going to eat our lunch. This is the smallest number of players I've seen for a PNG Varsity Roster.

Silsbee's QB sounded pretty good...elusive...and he could throw the ball deep. We bend, don't always break, and teams will have to stop us, too. Sounded like we were throwing the ball all over the field and Silsbee could not match up with WR Rose.

Our QB threw for 285
RB Halfin ran for 189
WR Rose had 2 TDs

Nice way to start 2013. At the TXC scrimmage I saw, we were small on defense, we missed some open field tackles, but our kids played hard and ran to the football. Happy for an Indians W.

Go Indians. Peace.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Not trying to be negative -- I LOVE this team. Our rush defense needs work. If they stay as is, a team that excels at rushing is going to eat our lunch.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It was a fun game to watch. PNG mixing the plays up well. Silsbee's QB was a good runner. Yes, he could throw the deep ball, but he was not that accurate. Several times he had open receivers, but missed the mark.
Impressed with the enthusiasm of this team.... something I hadn't seen the likes of for the past couple of years. Looks like a whole different team.
Any night when PNG wins big, and Nederland Losses BIG, is a good night! :ha:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
pngfan93 said:
Not trying to be negative -- I LOVE this team. Our rush defense needs work. If they stay as is, a team that excels at rushing is going to eat our lunch.

Agreed!! We didn't get much penetration up front. Would like for us to run the 4-3 not the 3-4. Also I would like to see Morse get more touches. If he isn't going to play him much he needs to be on JV gaining experience. Sitting on the bench all his Junior year is what hurt Smith.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Great victory by the Indians last night.Passing and running game looked in mid-season form. Defense swarmed to the ball and never gave up even when Silsbee busted a couple of long plays. Team speed looks really good, especially on that fumble play that was called back due to penalty, in the early 1st quarter...2 of our guys chased the Silsbee guy down after he had a good lead. I think the thing that I liked the most about our team was their EFFORT...they worked hard every play. The special teams play was the best that I have seen from an Indian team in some time.

purplefan2345

I agree, the back up underclassmen sophmore QB Morse should play on JV to get to play or the coach needs to find him another position. He is good but, Walker has the speed. I was impressed with the Indians last night. I cant see Lemoine playing Varsity QB but who knows

badndn

500+ Posts
justafan said:
pngfan93 said:

Agreed!! We didn't get much penetration up front. Would like for us to run the 4-3 not the 3-4. Also I would like to see Morse get more touches. If he isn't going to play him much he needs to be on JV gaining experience. Sitting on the bench all his Junior year is what hurt Smith.
Morse needs to be there on Friday nights. At some point this season he could be needed in a crucial part of a game. Smith not playing his JR year is not what hurt him. Smith was a WR playing QB. Thats what hurt him.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
my 2 cents worth .. the team have a better attitude this year seems like more of a team without THE I in it.. Also to me there is a leadership in Walker for the team than last year!

the thing that got me on the D is the LB were not there to control the running game.. the QB took off in the middle too many times.. think the LB needs to hang back a bit to contain the running game

Rose ran great routes and he will start getting dbl coverage therefore miurdock and clark will see more balls there way.

We may not be big on D but we got speed and l like the overall team moving toward the ball , I like it when the team gang tackle so to speak.

and the most impressive thing that got me was ball and time control 2 drives that we scored on were 4 to 5 mins long .. when we can move the chains and keep the clock running the less time the other team O will be on the field.. great start to the season .. just have to make sure the boys don't get lax or over to cocky

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores