PN-G Vs Tomball

twrpng

100+ Posts
Yea I knew the receiving core had to catch everything in order to win this game . I ask riggs how much pressure was on a receiver to catch pass's when your wide open and he said 10 times harder. But he also said you have added pressure when your playing in front of a PNG crowd

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
So two weeks in a row we have had a penalty followed by an unsportsmanlike penalty to mark off 30 yards against us in critical times in the game both causing the other team to score a touchdown

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
OK. Second loss, and as football fanatics from every school, it's easy to pick away at the flaws. Now for some counterpoints. It was a non-district game. The heat was a factor, it was easily 100+ degrees on that turf in a broiling sun. Rodgers was starting his first game. The play calling was probably watered down. Rodgers accuracy and arm strength was a big positive. #9 made some great catches. #74 is the bright spot on the offensive line. Overall the team played well in the first half.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Stats:

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/ipreps/?site=default&mkt=beaumont&Season=2018&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=319653&TeamID=151&SearchType=Teams

crawfish_75081

Well folks as stated before defense wins championships. Writing off games as non district and it is ok lose those games is a bad habit. The two losses were to good programs but there will be tougher programs in the playoffs and possibly in district play. Start tightening up the defense if PN-G wants to make it out of strict and deep into the playoffs. Going into any game and attempting to “outscore” your opponent will never work. Make some sound adjustments to tighten up that defense or prepare for another disappointing end and not achieving that lofty goal “state championship”.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Secondary has multiple players with 2+ years of experience. And they are not terrible athletes. That should be a strength.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
QB play of Rodgers was overall terrific yesterday. He’s not a run threat, but other than a few overthrown balls, accuracy and decision making was all you could expect and more. Penalties, missed blocks and dropped catches are the areas that need improvement. This game turned bad in the middle of third quarter. A few corrections and it’s normally a win.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
prepballfan said:
Falling apart unsportsman like penalties two in a row for negative 30 yards on kickoff

On the first penalty, #16 actually had a valid point that he was talking to the ref about. You can see on the game broadcast that the Tomball runner did not have possession of the ball when he crossed the goal. He lost it out of bounds at about the 1 foot line. But the ref called it a TD. Lesson learned, don't get in the face of a ref and argue. Should have learned that in the Huntsville game. Players should keep their mouths shut and play ball.

The second penalty of roughing the kicker on the extra point was a fluke. The PNG defender made a good attempt at blocking it, but unintentionally leg whipped the kicker when he dove for the ball.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores